Chapter Twenty-eight

"There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights." -Motionless in White (City Lights)

Ashton just told me where we're heading. The city. Of course I've been to the city, but every time I go, it's always a new experience. This time I get to share it with Ashton. Ashton didn't tell me where we're eating. It's kind of weird. Us being not wearing our usual attire of shorts and a t-shirt. But then again, it's like a breath of new air. I can dress up for my boyfriend.

After being on the interstate for a good hour, Ashton goes to an exit. We drive for a few more minutes, going past houses and a school. Then the houses turn into offices and the offices turn into buildings. The street becomes crowded with cars trying to go into different lanes, and people run through the traffic to get to the other side of the street.

My eyes widen as I take in everything. The city is -and always will be- hectic.

"We're almost there." Ashton tells me.

I look at him and smile wide. This is exciting all at the same time. My heart rate quickens, and my stomach beginnings to be filled with butterflies. Will this date be awkward since we aren't in Deansville anymore? I internally shake my head. Why bring on these thoughts?

"I'm guessing the bill may be on the pricier side since I'm dress like this." I say to Ashton, gesturing to my red, lace dress and heels.

Ashton smirks. "Maybe." He tells me.

I roll my eyes dramatically. Right when I open my mouth to speak Ashton beats me to it.

"And you won't be paying."

I pout and cross my arms over my chest. When Ashton turns his Jeep into a parking lot, I snap my head up to see where we're eating. Oh, wow. The building isn't how I expected it to look like. I know this will be expensive by all the fancy cars that are parked in the parking lot.

I've never heard of Arthur's Prime Steakhouse, but Ashton must have heard of it from somewhere. The word Arthur is in a type of medieval script on the brick wall. Tall trees are at the entrance with lights wrapped around them, and you're able to see dimmed lights and shadows when you look at the windows.

"Ashton you're outdoing yourself when we haven't even been inside."

"Good." He says, smiling wide and giving me a wink.

We get out of his Jeep, and I keep myself from laughing out loud. Ashton's Jeep beside shiny, sport cars is a funny picture. As we walk to the glassed doors, Ashton's hand reaches out for mine. I grip his tightly when two men open the doors for us and give us a nod of their head. Glasses clicking together and people talking are the first things I hear, but my eyes latch on the chandelier that hangs above my head.

"Reservation for Lotest." Ashton says to the young lady who's dressed in all black with her brown hair in a low ponytail.

She quickly checks her tablet before flashing us a smile. "Perfect. If you'll follow me, please."

I look up at Ashton and give him a nervous smile. He smiles back, and we follow the lady to our table. My eyes scan over the restaurant in its beautiful form. Some of the walls are wooden with a dark tint to them, and others are made from brick. We pass by the bar where a couple sits on the bar stools with glasses of dark liquid in their hands as they talk. The lighting is dimmed, giving a romantic, but mysterious feel at the same time.

We head into a room where only a few people are seated at their tables. The lady leads us an excluded table with roses on the white table cloth and sets down two menus.