Chapter Thirty-five

"Go skinny dipping in the ocean."

We don't stay at the beach very long. Haze mostly tanned in the sun while Carter, Ashton, and I messed around in the water and played Velcro Toss and Catch. We walk back to our area, laughing at how Carter tripped and face planted in the sand. Haze lifts her sunglasses, raising an eyebrow.

"Do I even want to know?" She asks.

Ashton keeps on laughing and sits down on my towel. He pulls me with him, and I sit between his legs with my back against his bare chest. Carter sneers his nose and wipes the wet sand off his chest and arms.

"Carter just face planted." Ashton says.

I smile at the memory, but Ashton full on laughs. "Oh, God, Haze. You should've been there." She smirks at Carter and lies back down on her towel with her sunglasses resting on her nose.

Carter shakes his head and water sprays on Haze. She gasps and jumps up.

"You jack ass!" Carter laughs and runs towards the water as Haze chases after him.

When Haze realizes she won't be able to catch him, she scoops up a handful of wet sand and flings it at Carter. It hits him right on his back. I cover my mouth in surprise, trying not to laugh. Ashton wraps his arms me and rests his head on my slightly red shoulder.

"He totally deserved that." He tells me.

I nod my head in agreement, watching Carter grab Haze and throw her in the ocean. Her face turns red and she begins to yell at him Spanish. Minutes later, the two of them come back. Haze is a happy camper, but I know she's having fun.

"There's mini golfing around here. Do you want to do it?" Carter asks us.

I look up at Ashton to see what he's thinking. He glances at me and smiles.

"Yeah, boys vs girls." He says.

I glance at Haze. She shrugs her shoulders. "Okay, fine."

Carter smirks, running his hands through his blonde hair. "Let's make it interesting." I lift an eyebrow to see what my friend has in mind. "Losers have to skinny dip."

"Hell fucking no! I am not skinny dipping in the ocean!" Haze yells.

Carter rolls his eye. "Fine, in the pool then."

Before Haze can disagree with her big mouth, I interrupt. "Deal. Let's head back to the beach house, shower and eat, and go mini-golfing."

Haze's jaw drops and she stares at me in disbelief. "MC, you can't actually be considering this. You know we're going to lose!"

Ashton grips my waist, kissing where my shoulder and neck meet. "You don't want to lose, MC." He mocks. I roll my eyes and push him away.

"We'll see who wins. But first, I need to take a shower. I have sand in all the wrong places."

I playfully push Ashton in the sand so he gets off my towel. I think everyone else realized why I'm rushing to gather my things. During breakfast, Carter told us there are only three showers in the house. One in the master bedroom, the other between mine and Haze's bedroom, and a rinse off shower outside by the garage.

Ashton and Carter jump up and begin to run to the beach stairs. Haze squeals and tries to stuff all her things into her beach bag. I run after them, but realize only the outdoor shower is left. Eh, I'll let Haze have that one. It's not like the boys will be taking long showers anyway. I walk by myself back to the beach house. I leave my beach bag at the front door and kick off my flip flops.