Chapter 1: Derek

Derek's POV:

In the year 2090 humanity was almost knocked out. But the team was put together to save us all. Humanity's only hope relies in the hopeful hands of the super Assassins. Who are the super Assassins you ask? Well let me tell you.

It all started 18 years ago. January 7 2072 was your average day. A woman and a man both happier than ever. The only catch was they weren't your average everyday people, no they were assassins. After a long awaited nine months two beautiful baby boys were to be born.

Life went on as usual the two boys fought all the time but were raised up as assassins just like their parents. Until one fateful day came around when their father was brutally murdered right in front of them. The two boys were taken away to a lab to be tested like guinea pigs.

One of those boys was me.

I suddenly woke up from a cold sweat. Yeah me a, twelve year old boy waking up from a cold sweat that's not normal. I saw things. I don't know what's reality or fake anymore. I saw him, my twin Samuel. I saw Samuel snap his head up from his slumber and all of a sudden these hurricanes came out of nowhere and destroyed everything. The look in Samuels eye was different than anything I've ever seen before.

It was... evil.

The aura around my brother was just hateful and vengeful. I don't really understand it all it was kinda strange to say the least. It felt like it was real but it hadn't happened yet.. What in the world is going on? All of a sudden the air grew colder and the wind was picking up, but we weren't even outside.

Then suddenly as if my dream had come to life there was Samuel with that evil glint in his eye as we made eye contact. I didn't even recognize him anymore. I only recognized one thing and that was the hate that filled his eyes.

In a matter of seconds two huge hurricanes had come to life and I watched as the whole lab was destroyed. It was like Samuel was doing this. But that's not possible. Is it? All I know for sure is that he was definitely enjoying this I could tell by that small smirk that played on his lips. That evil smirk that I hated seeing so much.

Before I even knew what was happening I was grabbed and rushed out of there. I didn't see Samuel anywhere. Did he make it out? Is he ok? I mean sure we fight a lot but he's my twin.

After being placed into what felt like a plane I fell fast asleep. Dangerous dreams filled my head. Dreams of a group of people fighting together to fight the good fight. I seen things that weren't easily explained. I seen a group of 7 people or much rather colors should I say, the faces were blurry, these people that I couldn't even see. I somehow felt connected to them. When I woke up everything had changed.

I was in some sort of small room. There was one window but it was locked from the outside. I have no idea where I am or why I'm even here. I heard a click that pulled me out of my thoughts and turned to see a man around his late 40s. He was a short man for his age and you could tell by his appearance he was Asian. (No offense to Asians).

"Hello young one." He walked towards me with a silver platter in his hands and smiled placing it on the bed. His aura seemed calm and relaxed. How was he so relaxed in a time like this?

"Who are you? Why am I here?" I asked warily. I needed answers and I needed them now. I couldn't help but ask the two most obvious questions first.

"My name is Mr.Yoshi. All will be revealed in due time." He spoke his tone stern and his voice peaceful.

"Where's my brother?" He just shook his head left and right.

"He's not here. Now eat your supper and come find me when your done. We have much to discuss." With that just as fast as he showed up he was gone.

I walked back over to the bed looking at the silver platter and there laid my favorite food lasagna. I took a small bite not knowing if it was poisoned or not but once it hit my mouth all my taste buds went crazy. Man this guy really knows how to cook.

After scarfing down the meal I ran out the door and down the narrow hallways. I was looking for any sign of anybody. Wanna guess what I found? That's right empty room after empty room until I came upon a quiet room with the man that had brought me my food. The man that called himself Mr.Yoshi.

"What are you doing?" I asked angry at this point because this man wasn't answering my questions.

"Shh." He said in a whisper and motioned for me to sit in front of him. I hesitated not wanting to be near him because I didn't know his plan. "Come sit. I won't bite."

'Yeah that's reassuring' I thought to myself as I slowly made my way towards him.

"Hear the water falling outside and the wind whistling in the breeze." I shut my eyes and listened but I couldn't hear anything.

"I don't hear anything." I stated.

"That's because your not listening. Relax and listen." I relaxed my tense body and shut my eyes once more but this time I really could hear the beautiful sounds he was speaking of.

"Why are we doing this?" I asked annoyed.

"Concentration is key to success." After another minute or two he ushered me outside where I found an empty grassy plot of land. I turned to see Mr.Yoshi in a fighting position.

"I'm not going to fight you." I said crossing my arms and planting my feet in my spot. This guy really doesn't know who he's messing with. I mean an assassins kid really? You wanna fight an assassins kid.

"Everyone wants happiness without pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain." He spoke like it was supposed to mean something to me. Then he decided to charge at me and we sparred for a while. He gave me little notes of information like

"Don't stay in one place for to long."

"Watch how far your arm goes."

"Stop doing that you look like a flailing fish."

Oh and my personal favorite.

"It's pretty sad when a drunk old man can even beat you. And I'm not even trying."

Every single time he won. I guess I was the one who didn't know who they were messing with.

Life went on like this for another quiet 6 years until the apocalypse came and wiped ALMOST everyone out. Aliens now roamed Earth. Cities were squished together and everyone lived in domes. It was hard at first but we all managed to come to terms with it.

"Today you go. You need to put together your team. It is you children who will save the world." Mr. Yoshi said sternly. Within the time I've been here I've managed to become a stronger warrior. I also have a little ace up my sleeve. You know how everyone is always talking about wanting powers? Yeah, well I actually have one. Apparently I got it while I was in the lab all those years ago. What is it you ask? Well your just gonna have to wait and see.

"Where am I going?" Lately I've been going round the world trying to find people to fit the kind of people we need. I haven't been very successful though.

"Your going to the Amazon jungle. There's a young girl there that might be just what we're looking for." He tossed me my plane ticket and boarding pass and I was off.

The plane ride was long and boring I slept most of the time. After the plane ride I had to rent a car to drive out to the jungle because obviously planes don't fly out there. The closest one I could get was three towns away.

After finally reaching the jungle I grabbed my stuff and headed in. I didn't know where this journey would lead me or what I would find but I was ready for anything.