Chapter 4: Mina

It's been two and a half weeks since we first found Susie in the jungle. Training has been hard but hanging out with them is kinda fun. I don't know how it happened but within these two and a half weeks we've become very close.

I was standing there on what looked like a battlefield with blurred out faces and bodies laying all around me. The only two faces I could recognize were Susie and Turbo but for some reason there was blue light that I couldn't not focus and it just kept getting bigger. Flashes of what looked to be a war ran through my mind. In the distance I could see cities in ruins, ash and dust as far as the eye could see. I turned my gaze back to the shining blue light and ALMOST was able to see the face but then suddenly I was pulled from my sleep in a cold sweat.

I sat there for a minute staring up at my ceiling just wondering why I couldn't tell where the light was coming from. As I came to, I finally peeled myself out of bed and I heard grunts from outside. When I realized what was happening I threw on my training gear and dashed outside to see Mr.Yoshi, Susie, and Turbo already sparring.

The deeper we got into training the more I could see Mr.Yoshi getting exhausted so I decided to stop us from training and head inside. Once we reached inside I went into the kitchen to make breakfast only to realize that I wasn't alone. I turned around to see Mr.Yoshi staring at me from the barstool.

He had placed his head in his hands and sighed before speaking. "There's another one." He stated.

"Huh?" I asked completely confused.

"She's a girl of umm-" He was cut off by his own sleep deprivation. His drinking has made him way more exhausted lately.

The more I thought about what he was trying to say the more frustrated I became.

Turbo: I knew he couldn't hold his liquor. PUUUSSAAAY!!!

Derek:*punches him* Shut up in telling a story.

Mina:*sighs* You two are idiots. Can you just finish the story?

Turbo:You didn't say that last night when you were alone with Derek.

Smack

Turbo:OWIE!!! Just get back to the story. *whines*

I heard something that pulled me out of thoughts and caught my attention. It was turbo turning on the tv.

"Why are you watching the news?" I asked annoyed.

"I like to know what's going on around me." He states with a shrug. I just rolled my eyes.

"Turn it down Mr.Yoshi is passed out in the kitchen. If you wake him up there will be hell to pay for all of us." I said walking to my room but instantly stopped in my tracks.

"This girl is one of the most amazing fighters that this training facility has seen in a long time. Some say she's the best. She's holding an open tournament to see if anyone can beat her. So come on down either with your fists ready or with popcorn to watch and enjoy the show." The news reporter stated standing in front of a building I recognized as Walter Craig's facility where me and my brother used to train.

"Susie stay here and watch after Mr.Yoshi Turbo pack your shit were taking a field trip." I stated without explanation as I headed to my room to pack my own stuff. After about an hour we were already out of the house and headed to the train station.

We hoped on the Amtrak train. "Why did I have to come? I didn't wanna come. I didn't ask to come." 

"No you didn't ask to come but if this girl is as good as everyone says I'm gonna need a practice punching bag." I stated relaxing into my very uncomfortable seat.