Chapter Four

She looked at Fox with wide eyes. 

He sighed, "You found him, didn't you?" 

She started panicking all over again, "Oh god, oh god, what am I going to do?" She grabbed her head in her hands and her breathing quickened. She heard a mug being set on a table and then a warm hand pressed against her back. Slowly, she calmed as Fox gently rubbed circles in her back. When she caught her breath, she met Fox's eyes. 

"Its okay to be scared," Fox said, dropping his hand, "I get that you have no idea what to do, you had a rough start at life, but you don't have to be scared of him." 

She sucked in air, thoughts racing, "I-I don't...know what to even think." 

"I can imagine how much of a shock this is for you, Reeve," Fox headed for the couch in the living room and she instinctually followed, "But I can also assure you that he is very worried about you." 

"How do you know?" She asked. 

"Well, its pretty obvious that you ran from him," Fox hummed, taking a sip of his coffee, "He is probably in just as much shock as you." 

"He probably doesn't want me." She sunk into the couch, her heart strangely heavy. 

Fox shook his head, "No, Reeve, at this point he probably thinks you don't want him. He is your soulmate and he's going to love you no matter what."

"What makes the Moon Goddess assign mates?" She asked from a sudden thought. 

Her gamma looked confused, "I don't really know, why?"

 "I'm just trying to figure out how she decided that I'm worthy of a mate." 

"Everyone is worthy of a mate, its silly of you to think otherwise." Fox fixed her with a look. 

"Yes, but after everything I've - "

"It doesn't matter." Fox cut her off, "The past is the past, you know that." 

"What if he judges me for it, then doesn't want me?" Sekhet whined in her mind. 

Fox sighed, a thoughtful look crossing his eyes, "I used to think the same thing when I met my mate. Why would she want a violent man full of scars? No, I pushed her away in fear of myself. I judged myself too harshly, deemed myself unfit to have her, but she found her way to me because it wasn't my job to make the decision; it had already been made by the Moon Goddess. Mates have a special connection forged by the Moon Goddess and nothing can tamper with it. When my mate and pup were murdered, I was never the same but I never doubted her love for one second. I know she's just waiting for me to come home and someday I will," Fox blinked and then looked down at her, "My advice to you is to not make the same mistake I did. Don't waste time fretting over something you can't control. Give him a chance, you have no other reason not to." 

She had always known Fox was wise but she had never heard him speak of his mate or pup. She knew it was something that was very painful for him, but he brought it up to help her anyway. She nodded, "Okay, but I need to know what love is." 

Fox chuckled, eyes amused as they fixed on her, "Love isn't something you explain, its something you feel." 

"Tell me how it feels." She pushed. 

"I think you have to experience that for yourself." 

"He is in the pack just south west of our land." She blurted, her mind was racing.

"Oh, Tallika Pack? I would have never guessed." 

She grimaced in afterthought, "I didn't even talk to him, I ran as soon as I could." 

"You can have a nice long talk with him tomorrow." Fox said. 

She choked on thin air, "Tomorrow?" She squeaked. 

"Yes, we're going to pick him up." 

"Oh no, too soon. I'm not ready." She waved her hands for dramatic effect. 

"You'll never be ready," Fox replied, flipping through a newspaper, "And the mate bond is going to take effect in negative ways the longer you are away from him. I can't have my Alpha getting ailed on me." 

"I suppose not," She breathlessly chuckled, "But seriously, why so soon?" 

"If you prolong it, you make it worse. You get stuck in your own head and make assumptions that aren't true. I'm taking you tomorrow if its the last thing I do and don't even think about trying to hide like last time you didn't want to go somewhere, I'll send General after you again." 

"I could still hide." She waved her hand, "But at least let me sleep on it, okay?" 

"You have ten hours." He said. 

x  x  x  x  x  x

You're finally going to meet him, are you excited?

[Not Edited]