Epilogue

The night was alive. 

Her body shook with excitement that could not be contained. It was as if the night was a living being, urging her heart to beat faster and awakening her soul to a joy she had never known. She knew that she could not control it, she simply had to let it loose and follow wherever it may lead. Sekhet was present, girl and wolf as one. 

Impatient wolves mingled around the yard, their paws a noise of urgency and the forest beckoning them to run beneath the moonlit limbs. It was almost time, they only had an hour left until full moon. She felt like she was starting an entirely different chapter in her life, it was the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next. 

She had once been a book full of empty pages and there was no beginning nor end, but now she had stories inked within the pages. She had life where breath once abandoned. She had will where death once stole her. There were hundreds of pages that had been written over the last two years because she wasn't living life shyly. She was giving it everything she had and there was nothing that would stop her. 

She didn't really believe in happily ever afters, she believed in the fate of the Moon Goddess and the destiny that was meant to be followed. She had began life in a fated destiny but it was the same fate that gave her a mate. She couldn't predict the future nor could she ever want to because life was about navigating the unknown. 

No story would ever be perfect. No story would ever be free of pain. It was the bumps and bruises that painted the canvas with color and life. The tears, blood, and sweat that created a hard-earned master piece. A painting cannot be admired for it beauty without the rest of the image; and she believed that it was the wonder of life. 

Kian stood by her side, his fur brushing against hers, and she bumped against him periodically in excitement. She had never run in the blessing of the Moon Goddess with her mate and she could not be any more thankful to have the chance. They waited until the rest of the pack gathered and then Leroy stood before them. 

No words needed to be spoken. Silence was their faithful vow of honor until the first howl. Only songs and melodies from the wildest of hearts would be sung to the high heavens. The creatures of the night were passionate with their way of life and they would face any challenge as one; because a pack is strong together but weak alone. 

She watched Leroy's golden wolf raise his head and howl a single note. Then, the wolves were alive. She cast a glance to the Alpha's house where Cassius stood, leaning against the railing of the porch. He gave a lazy grin in the shadowed night, his green eyes glowing, and he touched his heart with two fingers. She nodded. 

There had once been a time where Cassius was torn apart by the inability to join them, but as she has grown to overcome, so has he. No longer will he fret over things that cannot be controlled. His soul will not cry for the loss of one thing over the greatness of another. Cassius was happy with who he was and she always knew his spirit carried with them while they ran through the night. Sometimes, they ran in honor of him. 

He was the half-blood that changed the werewolf community for others like him and he was proud of it. They didn't have to hide because they were different. They could live among their kind and receive just as much acceptance as he. Shadows would not be their home, but love of the purest kind. For too long the werewolf community had lived in its sinister ways, and together, she and her family worked to make it a better place. 

She turned and followed the rest of the pack into the woods. Kian moved as if he was a part of her, their shoulders barely brushing. She broke into a sprint, Sekhet's energy flowing through her body, and Kian kept pace. They moved with the mass of wolves, their bodies melting into the darkness, illuminated by the streaks of moonlight.