{17}

Busticate

(v.) break into pieces

My stomach once again jumped, almost forcing me to throw up all the breakfast I ate today. Since I woke up this morning, my body had been feeling incredibly weird and not as it's usual self. It kind of freaked me out, because I was afraid it could be my wolf officially forcing me to shift.

This didn't feel like that though, it was something else and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Arrax and Lilly had been on my case all day, wanting me to rest and get better, but I just didn't feel like sleeping the day away.

A painful stinging ran up and down my legs, making me grab the railing as I was walking downstairs. This was ridiculous, I couldn't get a break really.

"You okay?" A deep voice asked from the kitchen downstairs, based on the scents Arrax was the only one down here, which surprised me because it was daytime and the most trusted pack members usually filled the entirety of the living room space.

"Yeah, where's everyone at?" I asked him in genuine curiosity, while joining him at the kitchen island. He was drinking a glass of red wine, and for some reason I found it insanely attractive how his huge hands held the glass.

"I threw them out, you're not feeling well and they didn't need to witness that." He explained while looking up and down my body, with no judgement in his gaze.

"Thank you." My heart swelled by the thought of how compassionate he was, it actually was extremely considerate of him. "But why aren't you with them then?"

His gentle stare met mine and I almost melted when he smiled at me, "Lilly had to go and I refused to leave you home alone."

"You can be quite sweet when you want to be, you know?" I joked, pushing his arm lightly making him laugh.

"Don't get used to it, this is special treatment." He smiled at me.

I found it really endearing how he'd gone out of his way to make me as comfortable as possible, in no way did he have to do it, but he chose to anyway to make me happy and that alone was enough for my feelings to blossom in my chest. Arrax probably didn't even know how much I appreciated what he'd done for me, but I hoped that my few words of thankfulness were enough for him to understand where I was coming from.

"I still think you need to get your rest though." He added, tracing his thumb on my hand. It was an extremely simple movement, but it made for a zoo in my stomach.

A surge of heat suddenly raged through my gut, ripping me to shreds and leaving me with an overwhelming desire for him that took over every sense of my entire being, my fingers tingled with the need to touch him and my heartbeat quickened. I had no idea what was going on, but it actually scared me. He pulled his hand back like he'd been burned, and left me by the table where he created a couple feet distance between us. "Arrax, I don't know what's happening."

I was met by silence and as I looked at him, his usual brown eyes were pools of black, lust shone clearly through and seeing him like that made me more turned on by the second.

"I can.." He breathed his voice strained, "Fuck.. I can smell you, Aspen."

Taking a step towards him, he held up a hand to stop me. "Don't! You're in heat, I can't control myself." It was like someone had taken over him, his voice was nowhere near recognizable, the tension so heavy on his words.

Shivers racked my body, suddenly all I could think about was him, how his hands could make me feel, his incredibly talented lips on my heated skin. Ragged breaths left my lips, a snarl forcing itself upon my features, it was impossible to stop this. "Arrax..." I whispered at him.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He apologized, but refused to touch me. If this was heat both him and I knew exactly what was coming, he would be the only one who could stop the upcoming storm in my body, but it would be breaking our trust to our wolves. We had to stay in control.

"Link Lilly, now!" I yelled, while pulling myself away from him trying to create distance, but only feeling the invisible pull worsen by every step. Even though I knew what was coming, it didn't comfort me in any way, especially not when I felt my muscles contracting, my breathing was labored and the only solution wasn't a solution at all. We couldn't be intimate just for the sake of me being released from heat, that would be disloyal and horrific to our wolves.

Pain... Suddenly all I could feel... My body was engulfed in agonizing stabbing pain, I fell to the floor in shock hugging my own body. Desperation fell from my lips, as I tried to convey what I was feeling. Nothing made sense, I couldn't see, couldn't hear. I could only feel, and fuck could I feel.

Sharp pain laced through my head, my lips opening in a scream, but I had no idea if any sound left. Colorful spots flickering through my mind, making me dizzy and nauseous. Searing fiery bursts kicked me, forcing me to feel every damn thing, punishing me. With every kick the pain amplified and my consciousness wavered.

Bitter punches cut right to my bones, freezing claws squeezing my brain so hard I almost felt like giving up on the last sliver of living inside of me. This wasn't normal pain, this pain demanded to be felt, it forced my mind into pathetic submission, wanting a solution that I couldn't give. This was worse than anything I'd ever imagined, it was absolutely excruciatingly antagonizing. Before I knew what had happened, my mind gave itself into the pain and my every thought left my body. Everything turned numb.