{32}

Suspiration

(n.) a long deep sigh

As I stepped into the pack house, exhaustion had a complete hold over my body, I wanted nothing more than to relax. I didn't care enough to seek out whoever was home, so I threw myself on the couch. My wound had stopped bleeding, it was only dried up blood by now, but I really couldn't bring myself to care. 

Footsteps broke my trance of drowsiness, Arrax stepped into the living room and his eyes widened when he took in my state. "I heard from Paul that you fought with Lilly to get her in the cell, are you okay?" He asked as he sat down and cupped my face in his huge hands, shivers erupted in my body by his touch. 

Trying to nod I gave him a small smile, "Just dandy, but I was wondering if I should get this wound checked out." Lifting my sleeve, he saw how badly I was bitten. 

A deep growl left his lips and I knew he was officially pissed, "Who the fuck touched you?"

"None that are of importance anymore, but I would love it if you could help me clean it?" I asked, a sheepish smile falling on my lips from the dominance emitting from his warm body. He wasn't too possessive and I appreciated that, for some reason I always feared a mate that would shield me from everything. That wouldn't fit with my personality, but then again, the Moon Goddess knew exactly that when she destined us. 

After a small thinking break, Arrax led me to the bathroom where he picked up a first aid kit. Lifting me onto the counter, he cleaned the wounds with alcohol, the stinging was from another world painful, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. After a little while of cleaning the wounds he examined them, "They should heal perfectly fine on their own, but I'll just wrap your arm so they don't get dirty." His nose was scrunched in concentration and I found myself smiling at that little characteristic. 

When he was done with my arm, he slowly let it fall down to my side again, as soon as his fingers left my body a wave of iciness reached me. Placing all the first aid things on the table next to me, his eyes met mine, "Are you willing to tell me what happened?" He asked, the curiosity burning in his eyes. 

"Complications when I found Lilly in the unclaimed, but we managed." I explained, it wasn't even a lie, I just didn't tell him the entire truth. "Just please don't worry, Arrax. It was handled and she's in her cell now."

His eyes sought mine, but I wouldn't give into him. Both of us knew it, so when he settled on smirking at me, I relaxed. "I've never seen anything sexier than you beating up a guy twice your size. Balto really was shocked that I allowed violence against him." He laughed, the sound sending shocks into my core with pure hunger for his touch. 

"I told him not to test me, I'm a woman of my word, you know." I smirked back at him, trying to ignore the throbbing between my thighs by having him so close.

Arrax guided my legs apart and stood between them, his rough hand cupped my heated cheek, where he pulled me closer to him. His lustful eyes were absolutely entrancing and I loved how easily my body reacted to him. When a small breath of mint landed on my lips, my eyes closed on instinct, enjoying how easy everything was with him right now.  

The moment our lips touched, the world around us vanished completely. All I could feel was him, his body against mine, his lips kissing me with so much pent up emotion, his warmth, his being. It was addictive. His hands fell to my hips where he pushed my body closer to the edge, closer to him. Instinctively, my hands reached for his hair and tugged at it, emitting a groan from the depths of his throat, the sound too sexy to comprehend. 

He took complete dominance over me, as his lips moved perfectly with mine, allowing me to feel every single thing he had to offer. His hands tightened on my hips, the friction enough to drive me crazy with lust for his body, his touch. 

Arrax pulled away from my lips slightly, looking at me through hooded eyes, "I fucking love the way your body feels against me." His torture of kisses trailed down my neck to the spot where he'd mark me, teasing me by focusing on that specific area. My back arched into his bulky chest and a moan escaped my lips, it was inevitable for us to end up like this, both of us wanted it. Pulling him away from my neck by his hair, my wild eyes met his again, before our lips locked in a desperate kiss. 

Holy fuck, I wanted this man like nothing else.

Clinging to his body, I squeezed my legs against him, making his grip on my hips tighten even more. A growl left him and it made my panties dampen, his sounds were too much for me to handle. When he pushed me even further towards the edge, his dick pressed against me, and the feeling against my core was so fucking hot I threw my head backwards. His lips continued, dancing along my skin, sending intense shivers through my body. 

"Let me have you, Aspen." He said while his talented lips gave me the attention I'd been missing for too long now. "You're mine and I need to show you how I can make you feel."

His hands creeped underneath my shirt, the skin on skin was absolute torture and awoke me from whatever distraction he'd put me in. "We can't.." I said, the apology heavy on my tongue, he didn't know why we couldn't, to him this was his mate rejecting his advances and it hurt my heart to even think about. 

Pulling away from me, his eyes were clouded with both hunger and confusion, "What do you mean?" The huskiness to his voice made me weak in the knees, but I couldn't gamble with myself like this, not even for him. 

"I'm sorry, Arrax, we just can't right now." I apologized and hopped off the counter, opening the bathroom door and leaving him in there with his own thoughts. I was a horrible mate..