19 | Lilac

The dagger in my hand goes flying, piercing a hole in the wood of my front door. A whirring noise erupting as it shakes on impact.

"That's the second time tonight you've thrown that thing at me." John scolds, ripping it from the door and pocketing it.

"You followed me, why?" I let my hand drop, the doll with it as I face the new threat in the room.

"I've been keeping an eye on you for the last few weeks." He responds and ignores the question.

I roll my eyes, as if I hadn't already figured that out. I frown. "Why?"

He steps out from the shadows, the darkness leeching from his shoulders. The shadows move as if reaching out just to touch him once more. Dark eyes focus on mine.

"You intrigue me." He answers slowly, peering once more around the room. I follow his gaze, seeing nothing that could hold his attention.

"I am quite intriguing."

His lips lift up on one corner, a faint dimple appearing.

"But that doesn't satisfy me, so why?"

His focus turns to me, predator on predator.

"Because we have a mutual enemy."

"Do we?" I purr, watching him closely.

He stalls closer, "We do."

"And who, exactly, is that?"

"Samael Coffer."

The words spur me into action, my body dropping to the floor and swiping up my hidden dagger from under the bedside table, flinging it at the man before jumping up and racing for my guns.

His shout rings out as he dodges out of the way, "That was excessive, Angel."

My hands skims the handle of a gun before a hand curls around my wrist, pushing me against the chain link wall. A chest shoves against mine as John wrenches my hands behind my back, one of his hands encircling both my wrists.

I jolt my head back, a dull pain exploding in my skull as it connects with his face, using the distraction to push myself away from the wall, lifting my leg between my body and the chain and shoving myself away.

The momentum causes both of our bodies to crash to the ground, mine cushioned by Johns.

He grunts at the contact, the sound throaty and rough as his fingers lessen around my wrists. His arms curl around me before I can push off him, tightening like a boa-constrictor at my waist and twisting us around, so his thighs straddle me, locking me below him.

He chuckles above me, hand curling around my throat and pushing the pads of his thumbs in the soft tissue below my chin, pushing my head up so I have no choice but to connect to his eyes.

My chest rises and falls in hurried breaths, my leather coat falling open to reveal the blue lingerie and corset.

"I think blue is my new favourite colour." John murmurs, lips lifting in a grin as he stares into my eyes.

"Oh, fuck off."

"That's some spicy language, Angel."

"Bite me."

His eyes twinkle, "Where?" His thumb drags over my bottom lip, pushing softly into the plump flesh before releasing it with a drag of his finger to the pulse point at my neck, his thumb dragging over the erratic vein.

"I'm not here to kill you, Angel." He murmurs, his face closing in on mine.

My lips rear up to attack his, sucking his bottom lip between my teeth and biting down harshly, he pulls back on a yell, blood coating his teeth and dripping down his chin.