25 | Lilac

The energy coursing through my body is dangerous, volatile. A beast waiting for the stench of blood to reach its senses before attacking, thoughtless in its approach.

"You're restless."

I flick my gaze to Johns, seeing his attention on me from where he stands at the kitchen island, my own body lounging on the couch, "What?"

He walks around the kitchen island, his gaze tracking its way down my body, lingering on my hands.

I follow his gaze, noticing my tapping fingers, drumming a silent beat against my thigh. I still my hand.

"You've been doing that since you came down here." He says, looking back up at me. "You're restless, and it shows."

I tilt my head back on the couch, ignoring his probing gaze as I stare at the roof, not answering.

I hear his footsteps stalk closer before seeing him stop at my back, his head bent to look at me, smiling at me before I blink, realising I'm looking at him upside down and he is actually frowning down at me, concern in his gaze.

"I'm fine." I mutter, straightening and looking back at him, "I'm just bored."

"No, you need to kill someone. Let go of all that energy you're bottling up," Finally he grins, "Or fuck it out."

I smile charmingly back, "I'm not begging."

John rounds the couch, coming to a stop infront of me before holding out a hand.

I narrow my gaze on it, lifting a questioning brow.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He wiggles his fingers, "Unless you like that."

My heart beat jumps in my chest, and I drop my hand in his, letting him pull me up from the lounge.

He leads me around, towards a door inset into the wall under the stairs.

I squeeze his hand in mine, "What's through there?"

"A basement."

"Is this the part in the story where you kill me?" I murmur.

John shakes his head, looking back at me over his shoulder, "I wouldn't kill you, Angel. I'd kill for you."

He reaches out a hand, pushing the door open and flipping on the light.

I follow him down the steps, eyes taking in everything we pass before we reach the bottom, my eyes on the figure strapped to the chair, their wide eyes staring straight at me, balding head glistening with sweat.

"A gift." John murmurs, pulling my forward so I stand in front of the unknown man.

"Who is he?'

John takes a second to answer, "This one isn't on your hitlist, but he is on mine." He looks to me, his dark gaze open, "And trust me, he deserves it."

I don't ask why, not needing to. Trusting John, something I never thought I would do.

I walk closer to the man, watching his eyes follow me.

"The weapons are against the back wall."

I look up, catching sight of the array of weapons before choosing once, John's chuckle reaching my ears as I lift the weapon up.

I look back at him to find him walking up beside me, "Good choice." He says.

I nod in acknowledgement before glancing over the weapons again, finding a sharp dagger and stripping it from the wall, flipping it in my hand.