17 | Lilac

Days have passed since my last kill, the time slow going but tonight is one I will cherish forever.

I blow a tendril of blonde hair out of my blue contacted eyes. The blonde wig sits in waves, brushing my collarbones like a lover's caress, but it itches the back of my neck as I tilt my head in the mirror.

A body sidles up next to mine, pulling the side of the wig to straighten it.

Andy tilts her head, mimicking me. "I don't think I could've done better if I do say so myself."

Her eyes flicker to the thick bangle around my wrist, "Nice touch." Her eyes find mine again as I lift a finger to the scar hidden under a layer of makeup, smiling at the disguise.

Leaning forward, I apply a coat of gloss over my lips, the glow accentuating the pout. I wipe the corner of my mouth, letting my hands trail down my waist to hips, running over the sapphire blue lingerie hugging tightly to my figure.

Thin beads of rhinestone wrap like snakes around my waist, decorating the plain boned corset. They decorate the hem of the blue lace, pearlescent. I lift a hand, dragging a finger down the curve of my breast. Following the beads of rhinestones that contour and bring the eyes to the swell of my chest.

Exactly what Andy was going for, no doubt.

"It's almost like you got a boob job." Andy says, as if she'd heard my thoughts.

Swaths of lace hug the curves of my hipbones, accentuating the hip dips and curve of my ass. Stretch marks linger on the outsides of my thighs and I run my fingers down them, smiling.

I feel sexy.

I twist the ring around my finger in anticipation, looking between it and the bangle.

"Cain McLaren should be there tonight. Kill him. Get out." Andy says as she passes me a slightly blurry photo of my target.

I look away from the jewellery, reaching for the distorted photograph and rising a brow.

"It's the best we've got." She shrugs,

I look at the photo, fingers curling around it as I scan his features, memorise them. Not that I could ever forget what he looks like though some parts are new.

"What stage name do you want?"

"Angel." The name falls from my lips without preamble, my eyes widening.

Andy scoffs, "Cliché." Her eyes trail over the screen of her phone. "And taken."

"Make it available."

Andy rolls her eyes but brings her phone to her ear, "You owe me."

"Yeah, yeah." I wave her off.

She pauses at the threshold looking back at me, "I'll be out of town for a few days, maybe a week. Something came up with Noah and I need to make sure she's okay."

I look at her over my shoulder, "Is everything okay?"

Andy shakes her head, "I don't know." She shuts the door and my eyes trail back to my reflection.

• • •

The music thumps through my blood, igniting it as I weave between the crowd of girls. Finger outstretched as I move the dark silk drapery to the side, peeking out.

I quickly scan the crowd for my target, my sights stopping on anyone who vaguely resembles the photo.

"Angel!" A voice calls over the bustle of the girls and I turn from the view, arching a brow at the woman approaching me. Her dainty features set in a serious expression.