24 | Archer

The floor has scuff marks from where I've been pacing, the once clean floor now marred with my worry.

I watch Hollands sleeping form, her arms curled loosely around her while I pace, vaguely noticing Clay watching me from where he sits on his bed,

Movement in Hollands room had my head snapping up and I rush to the wall, watching with increasing worry as four people walk in, their attention on Hollands still sleeping form.

They surround her, and one scoops her into his arms, but still she doesn't wake.

"What are you doing with her?" I shout even though it's useless.

Somethings wrong, she would never sleep through something like that.

I watch, anger coursing through me, unable to do anything but watch as they take her out of the room.

Her door slides closed and my shoulders drop, feeling hopeless.

Clay is moving, his hand slamming against the glass and I look to him, watching as he point behind me.

Spinning around, I almost sag at the sight of the man in the once empty room beside mine.

Liam grins lopsidedly and I walk closer, noticing the welts on his flesh from the shock device, knowing he's being given the same treatment as I am.

He mouths something that I can't figure out, the sentence too long to unravel.

He looks frustrated, his brows drawing in and I lean forward, using the same technique Holland had days earlier.

Breathing out of the glass, I write a question mark, letting him see the process before watching as he repeats.

'Escape.'

I shake my head, "How?"

'I know how.' He mouths and I furrow my brows.

"How?"

'Been here before.' He writes, and my eyes snap back to his, more question wanting to speak forth.

He shakes his head at the questions he can no doubt see in my eyes and breathes out again.

'Soon.' He wipes it off and breathes out again, 'be prepared.' Once done, he look over my shoulder to Clay, flicking his chin to him. 'Tell him.' He mouths.

I nod, and Liam steps back, letting the wall between us darken.

• • •

It's hours later when they bring Holland back and she walks straight for the wall between us, her steps shaky.

Sliding to a seated position, she leans heavily on the wall, her head resting against it, blonde hair now past her shoulders.

I crouch down beside her before taking a seat, laying my shoulder next to her, watching as her eyes close with an inhale and exhale, sleep claiming her.

Worry spears through me, watching the way her body is fighting against her, the exhaustion that has been taking over her the lady's few weeks, and it makes me sick with dread.

What have they been doing to her?

I count down the minutes in my kind and let me eyes slip shit as-well, getting the rest while I can.

My eyes slip open what feels like moments later as an unnatural darkness takes over the room and I sit up straight, turning for Holland side and tap the glass but it doesn't clear, remaining dark. The faint buzzing noise that I'd become used to hearing in the room cuts off, and noise rushes in, the sudden onslaught shocking.