41 | Lilac

Water still falls from the sky even as light begins to makes its way across the horizon, droplets speckled beautifully across the window pane.

My arms are folded tightly in front of me, warding off the incessant chill seeping into my bones before I turn away from the window, ignoring the body that lay on the pool table, wrapped up to the head in sheets.

I glance around the silent bar, taking in the row of neat glassware littering the shelving, the different coloured glasses creating a mismatched rainbow.

I look to the bar top, the surface wiped so clean I can almost see my reflection in the shining wood.

The door behind me slams open and I flinch from the intrusion, whipping my head around to stare at the newcomer.

Liam strides in, his eyes going straight to me before narrowing on Sebastian's body.

He stalks closer and I take the opportunity to slip past him, walking for the stairs. I stop at the bottom, staring behind me and watch Liam slap a hand across Sebastian's face.

"No sleep for the wicked, brother, open your eyes."

Sebastian's groan slithers down my spine as he startles awake, his eyes instantly connecting to me, lips popping open and a soft murmur slipping past. "Angel."

I turn, taking the stairs quickly before I reach the second level and walk for the ajar door.

Lifting a hand, I knock softly with my knuckle and push it open, slipping inside.

The nurse lifts her head up before murmuring something to Holland and I run my eyes down her body, checking for any obvious signs of pain or discomfort, before looking at the man by her side.

The nurse straightens, "I'll leave you all to talk." She says soothingly, nodding her head with a smile before sneaking past me and exiting.

I shut the door behind her before walking towards the bed, taking a seat on the edge and curling my fingers around Hollands hand, squeezing softly before I look up at her, unsure of what I want to ask or how to even ask the question.

She doesn't let me speak before she opens her mouth. "I have to be on bed rest for a few weeks." She pauses, squeezing my hand back, "but so far it seems everything is fine."

I breathe out a sigh of relief. "The baby?"

"Is fine." She confirms, smiling as tears fill her eyes. She laugh, the sound a blubbering mess, "I don't know why I'm crying."

"You're pregnant, Holland, it's normal with all the heightened hormones." Archer says, tucking his arms more securely around my sister.

"Well, at least this explains why you've been a bitch lately." I mutter, smiling so she knows I'm joking - kinda.

Holland laughs, shaking her head and lifting a hand to wipe her tears, "I have been, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I reply before squeezing her hand again. "Why didn't you say anything? I wouldn't have let you help if I'd known."

I faintly see Archers brows rise, as if he'd asked the same question.

"I wasn't sure at first." She breathes out. "I just had a feeling but I only knew for sure right before we left."

I raise a brow.

"I only took the test right before we left to get them."

"You should have told me-"

"I needed to help." She interrupts.

"I don't care. You should have told me and I would have found another way without putting you at risk."