twenty-one

Luke.

I woke up to the normal routine.

I got dressed, got coffee, fixed my hair, washed my face and left with the boys.

As I walked into the hospital I texted Sky, knowing she'd be waking up for school at any moment

Hi beautiful, have a good day today and call me once you're out of school, love you bunches xx

I did my rounds, checking all my patients, reworking their vitals and scheduling surgeries.

Once I got back to my desk I saw a missed call and a voicemail from Skylar's school.

I immediately listening
"This is the principal of Oakwood High School calling to inform you that your child has been marked absent today, January twenty fifth."

I immediately called Skylar, no answer.

I called Jessica, no answer.

And that's when I started panicking.

I went to Calum

"Have you heard from Sky?" I asked quickly

"No, why?" He asked.

"Her nor Jessica is answering the phone and the school called to tell me she was absent." I panicked.

"Okay, relax" Calum spoke quietly.

"They could've just slept in-" "Skylar sets ten alarms calum." I stressed to him, seeing the panic flash through his eyes, but he ignored it.

"It's going to be okay, let's just go ask the chief for thirty minutes off and we'll run by her house."

Skylar.

Just as I almost got to the point of letting myself cry, a girl walked up.

"You okay" she spoke timidly, her hand gently touching my shoulder.

"Y-yeah" I cleared my throat, blinking the tears away and sitting up straighter.

"I saw you- and you look cold, I bought you a hot chocolate" she spoke, carefully handing it to me.

"Thank you- thank you so much." I spoke slowly- wishing I had any sort of money to give her.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" She asked, slowly sitting across from me in the booth.

"Skylar" I spoke quietly.

"I'm Sierra" she smiled nicely

"Why are you here so early and alone?" She asked me.

"I just needed to be alone" I lied

I wanted anything but to be alone right now.

"Are you hurt?" She asked.

"No"

"Did you runaway from your house?" She asked me.

"No" I lied quickly, knowing she would call the police if I said the truth, and I didn't want this to be a big deal- I would tell Dad to take her to court and get custody and nothing else, just don't make me go back to that house

"Okay, well" she spoke slowly

"I work at a hospital-" "what hospital?" I let myself perk up, knowing this could be my way to my dad.

"St.Frances" she spoke and I could've cried.

"You know Doctor Hemmings, right?" I asked her quickly, seeing shock spread through her face.

"Cardiology- yes-" "can you call him or bring me to him- he's my dad."

Luke.

We pulled up to the house, knocking

No one answered

So we started banging on the door

And finally, Brian answered.

"What the fuck" he groaned.

"Where's my daughter?" I shoved past him, walking into the living room and seeing eight people- including Jessica all passed out- some topless, some bottomless.

Drugs and alcohol were scattered across the kitchen, making my heart drop.

My baby.

I ran to her room- seeing a mess.

Her laptop was on the ground- her phone still plugged in, she was gone, a man laying in her bed- almost naked, her homework papers all over the floor, pillows thrown across the room- and that made me panic.

No, I didn't panic

I tripped.

I grabbed the man in my daughters bed- shoving him against the wall, instantly waking him

"What the fuck"

"I'm going to ask you one time, and one time only." I spoke, Calum assisting me in holding him against the wall- both of us more than angry

"Where the fuck is my daughter and why the fuck are you in my sixteen year old daughters bed with only boxers on?"