four

" you can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being "

 You're part of a machine, you are not a human being "

"I'd say he's been there for a good three weeks, we'll know more when the coroner gets here," Ben explained, looking to his left as Hank continued to inspect the body. "There's a kitchen knife over here, probably the murder weapon."

"Any sign of a break in?" Hank asked.

"Nope. The landlord said the front door was locked from the inside, all the windows were boarded up. The killer must've gone out the back way."

"What about his Android?" I asked, looking up from the knife, with my eyes switching to the writing on the wall. "No human writes like that, it had to be the Android."

Ben shrugged. "Neighbours confirmed he had one, but it wasn't here when we arrived," he explained, I nodded my head, and then he started moving towards the door. "I gotta get some air. Make yourselves at home."

My eyes turned towards Hank, he met my gaze, and there was a mutual understanding between us. Turning on my heel, I noticed Connor walking around the room; inspecting every little detail. He moved towards the wall with the writing on, eyes flickering across the letters, he then brought up a hand and swiped two fingers across the blood — then pressing the fingers onto his tongue.

"Ergh, Jesus, what the hell are you doing?" Hank snapped, making Connor look to him with a look of pure innocence on his face.

"I'm analysing the blood," he answered simply. "I can check samples in real time... I'm sorry, I should've warned you," he added, making Hank scrunch his nose in disgust.

"Okay, just... don't... put any more evidence in your mouth, you got it?"

"Got it."

Hank scoffed. "Fucking hell, I can't believe this shit," he cursed, turning away from Connor, I gave a laugh and his eyes snapped towards me.

"It is disgusting," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "But it's better than having to wait for analysis," I added and Hank rolled his eyes, turning away from me, I was about to walk away when I noticed Connor's eyes on me. There was something about his expression that I couldn't quite put a name to, it was a mixture between admiration and gratitude, mirroring the small smile that had taken over his face, I turned on my heel and continued to look at the evidence...

It was a while before any of us could figure out what happened, though Connor managed to compose everything before any of us had the chance to think of a way the victim died. Even though it was obvious. He was stabbed. He approached me and Hank as we were discussing what we had found.