ten

" I don't know where I'm supposed to go... "

We arrived at 'Chicken Feed', one of Hank's favourite places to eat, probably because of the food so unsanitary that it'll kill him, but I had to admit I loved the burgers they served. Hank climbed out of the car and I was the next one to follow, approaching the truck behind him, and Connor followed after that.

Though, Hank wasn't too happy about it.

I smiled up at the guy running the food truck, leaning against the counter, his eyes flickered over to Connor approaching us.

"Plastic with you?" He asked and I frowned. Though, I didn't bother to say anything.

"Only temporary," Hank grumbled. He started taking to Pedro, the guy he was always making gambling bets with — who constantly took Hank's money and never gave it back, but he made a bet anyway and Connor stepped up beside him. Hank sighed. "What is your problem?"

"Hank," I said, a warning tone to my voice, and Hank spared a glance towards me. "Play nice."

"Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle," Hank added, looking back to Connor who seemed completely unfazed by Hank's comments. They looked away from each other in a moment of silence, then Connor leaned over and spoke up.

"I'm sorry for my behaviour back at the police station," Connor apologised, looking up at Hank hopefully, as he folded he hands behind his back. "I didn't mean to be unpleasant."

Hank laughed. "Oh wow, you've even got a brown nosing apology program." He paused to take in a breath. "Guys at Cyberlife really thought of everything, huh?"

We received our food and headed over to the spare table standing outside the truck, Connor stood still for a moment and the guy running the stand turned to us. "Don't leave that thing here," he called, making Hank chuckle.

"Not a chance, follows me everywhere." As we placed our food down and began to eat, Connor moved over to us. "See?" Hank spoke up as Connor stood next to me, his eyes flickering between us, I offered him a smile as I took a sip of my soda. He leaned on the table and looked to Hank.

"This Pedro," he started, Hank was about to take a bite out of his burger but what Connor said made him stop. "He was proposing illegal gambling, am I right?" Connor finished, narrowing his eyes towards Hank, though Hank clearly didn't know what he was getting at.

Hank shrugged. "Yeah."

"And you made a bet?"

Hank shrugged again. "Yeah."