prologue

this book is now being edited!! yayyyyyy

THE MORNING SUN shone lightly through Magnolia Siren's bedroom window, waking the newly sixteen-year-old girl. She groaned, rubbing her sleepy eyes. Mornings were her mortal enemy.

Slowly, she managed to crawl out of her bed and put on something that resembled an outfit. She brushed her bird's nest of hair and headed down the stairs to the kitchen where her parents waited.

"Morning." She groaned. Her father gave her a quick hug as she passed. She joined her mother at the island, who gave her a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Morning, darling," Her father, Timothy, greeted in his Australian accent. "Ready for today?"

Magnolia shrugged as her mother, Ariana, passed her a blueberry muffin. "I guess? Remind me what it is again?"

Ariana took a deep breath. "As you know, we are Sorcerers,"

Magnolia nodded. "Yeah...vampire hunters."

Her father, Timothy, chuckled from the stove. Ariana smiled softly. "Yes. Vampire hunters. But also Magicians, Masters of Mystery. But you have much to learn about your abilities and our history, and you will in due time, but today is something important."

Mouthful of muffin, Magnolia hummed. Ariana smiled. "Today, Forks will be home to some new residents, whom we will need to protect the citizens of this town from, with the help of the Quileutes."

Magnolia had learned the day she turned sixteen, about a week ago, that she was a Sorceress, but also that the Quileutes, who she had grown up with, were essentially werewolves – shapeshifters.

She tilted her head, slightly confused. Did this mean they would be vampires?

Timothy walked over to her. "Vampires, Magnolia. They're vampires." His voice seemed different. His happy tone was gone.

Magnolia looked up at him. "Why would you let them come? Won't they kill everyone? You said vampires were cold-blooded and heartless killers."

"We did, dear, and we hate to confuse you, but these vampires...they're different from others we've encountered." Ariana tried to calm her daughter's anxieties.

"How?" Magnolia asked.

Timothy sat down and took her hand. "They say they're vegetarians. No human blood, they only hunt animals...which I find hard to believe." He mumbled the last part, earning a smack from his wife.

Ariana spoke once more. "We'll be going to meet them, along with Sam."

Magnolia raised a brow.

"He wants to meet them, simple as that.." Ariana explained. Timothy fumed from beside her, hating the idea of a blood-sucking monster in Forks.

Standing up, Ariana pushed the muffin closer to Magnolia. "Eat up, we'll leave as soon as you're done."

Not wasting any more time, Magnolia dug in, eating as fast as she could, and soon they were leaving their house, driving to the Cullen residents.

They pulled up to a beautiful house. Huge windows covered the walls allowing the sun to shine beautifully through them. Moving trucks were littered throughout the giant driveway, and Magnolia spotted Sam standing in shorts and nothing else and withheld her laugh. Timothy pulled up next to him, and the family stepped out of the car.

A man and woman, both of them extremely good-looking and pale, approached them. Magnolia watched them critically. They were vampires, she was sure of it, but her eyes had a hard time believing what she was seeing.

The man, with pale blonde hair and yellow eyes, smiled softly. "Hello, Sirens. I'm Carlisle, and this is my wife, Esme."

Magnolia's heartbeat started to quicken, and she felt her hands get clammy. 'Vampires.' Was all that was running through her mind. Ariana sensed her daughter's panic and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Esme's eyes became sympathetic. Clearly, she felt sorry for the young girl. What had these sorcerers told her about vampires to scare her so much? "You're very beautiful, Magnolia. Your eyes especially."

Magnolia blushed, and suddenly she felt her nerves drift away, almost too quickly. She looked over and noticed five others standing to the side. She assumed those were Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's "children". Carlisle noticed her looking. "Those are our kids. You can go say hello if you'd like."

Taking a deep breath, Magnolia nodded and made her way over to them. She looked down, embarrassed as she approached, while they all stared at her. With another deep breath, Magnolia looked up and spoke.

"Welcome to Forks. I'm Magnolia, but my friends call me Maggie." She stretched her hand out for any of them to shake.

The five of them watched her, not saying a word. Magnolia's eyes drifted to one of them. A boy, with pale white skin, silky blonde hair and piercing yellow eyes. She felt her face heat up. All she could do was smile at him; she felt like an idiot.

A girl next to him, with pixie brown hair, placed her hand on his arm, and suddenly Magnolia felt her heart drop. The girl stepped forward, shaking Magnolia's hand. "I'm Alice! It's great to meet you," Alice saw Magnolia's eyes drift back to the blonde boy. "That's Jasper, my brother." Relief flooded over the young girl.

A bigger vampire stepped up, a giant smile on his face. "I'm Emmett! This is Rosalie and Edward."

Edward glared at her, as he read her thoughts. "She knows," The Cullen siblings looked up at him, confused. "She knows what we are. She's a Sorceress."

Immediately Emmett stepped back, pulling Rosalie with him. Magnolia frowned as Jasper and Alice did the same. Then she glared at Edward. "How did you know that?"

Edward smirked. "I can read your mind. I know everything you were thinking about."

Magnolia's face suddenly got hot. "H-Hey! That's not okay!"

There was a loud whoosh, and Carlisle was next to her. "Edward, that's enough. Magnolia is new to her heritage, and her family won't hurt us, as long as we don't hurt the town. All they'll be doing is watching. Do not scare the others."

Magnolia looked up at Carlisle, thankful for him standing up for her. "Thank you." She whispered. Carlisle looked down, and smiled back at her, nodding.

"I hope you will all be kind to her. She'll be around quite often."

Magnolia nervously smiled. "I'll...I'll see you later." She moved as quickly as she could over to her parents. "They're pretty creepy, I'm not sure if I want to hang around them."

Ariana chuckled. "Honey, you know they can hear you."

Magnolia smiled and looked across at Edward with a hard glare. "I know."