04. Sorceress

+++++

+++++

"Jasper you're staring." The voice of Alice Cullen snapped Jasper back to reality. He looked into his best friend's concerned eyes and frowned.

"Sorry, I just...I can't stop thinking about her. What will she become now that her powers are working? Can we even be her friends anymore? What if Ariana and Timothy take her away?" He ran his hand through his hair, looking across the lunchroom again at Magnolia. Alice sighed, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Jazz. You know the vision I had, and it hasn't changed. She'll be one of us one day...whether she wants it or not." Alice sadly mumbled the last part. She didn't want one of her best friends to be turned against her will, but she couldn't see that far ahead.

Jasper groaned. "So you keep saying. How will she turn, anyway? A sorcerers blood is toxic to vampires, we can't bite her."

Emmet laughed from beside him, tossing an apple back and forth between his hands. "Magic works in mysterious ways. I trust Alice's vision; you should too," This earned a huff from Edward. Emmet narrowed his eyes. "What? What is your problem."

Edward shook his head, looking back over at Bella, the new girl. Her smell, something about it just...it made him feel something he's never felt before. He couldn't focus on anything else but it. "Just spit it out, Edward," Jasper spoke through clenched teeth.

Edward looked back over, rolling his eyes. "I just think that...maybe the vision will change. They always seem to, even ones that we think never will. There's no way Magnolia can become a vampire. It's never been done before in the history of our kind, and it never will, because they've bred themselves for it to be impossible. Doesn't matter whether she's your...your mate, or not."

The family stayed silent. None had a response to what Edward had just stated. He was right, how could Magnolia turn? It was simply impossible. "Well, let's change the subject, shall we?" Rosalie spoke up, seeing the look on Jasper's face; ready to kill Edward. She would rather a fight break out at home than for the stupid boys to do it at school and risk their exposer.

Jasper nodded stiffly and got up. "I think I need some time to myself. To clear my head." Alice glanced at him, feeling a little worried. As he walked away she turned to her siblings.

"I'll go after him. See you all later."

Magnolia and Bella laughed as they walked to Biology. The two girls were having a great time getting to know each other again. "Charlie actually wanted me to ask if you wanted to come over for dinner this weekend." Bella smiled.