Pattern broken

"Mr. Archie Evans is found dead in his house, this morning. It looks like he shot himself in the head. And the file is also stolen." Mycroft finished.

Smallwood also came here with him. She offered us to go with her in her car which is waiting outside. We also explained to them about the parcel.

"We need to have an eye on someone. Ana Williams. She is John Watson's child's nanny." Sherlock said.

"You are being ridiculous, Sherlock." I said. This is too much now.

"I'll arrange that." Smallwood said." Come on, we have to go to Mr.Evans."

Mr. Evans lives on the Rosemary Street. I was little annoyed. Ana wouldn't do anything like that. I know what he is thinking. He thinks Ana is also some sort of a enemy of his or is sent by someone. I know it can happen but it doesn't click. At least to me.

"Don't worry, Watson. You'll get a better nanny. A nanny who is not crazy." Sherlock commented still looking out of the window of the car.

"It's not that, Sherlock." I said.

"We are here, boys." Smallwood said." Since you were coming, I told them not to take the body to the morgue now. I also called Lestrade."

"Haven't seen him for a while. He said he was working on some other case." I said.

"Yeah, he has been busy." Sherlock smirked.

Why is he smirking ? Am I missing something ?

The house was well furnished. Quite beautiful. It was small but seemes very cozy.

"No family, I see." Sherlock said.

"Yes. I was about to say that. He lived alone with two servants. He has one brother who lives in Sydney. He is gonna fly here in the noon. It wasn't that easy to kill him. There were police patrolling around the house. We ordered them no one will enter against his orders." Mycroft said.

"Did someone come here to visit him recently ?" Sherlock asked.

"No."

The body was lying on the body. The gun was still in his hand. The bedsheets were soaked with blood.

"It is a suicide." Sherlock said. "At least for now. We have to examine the gun, first. I need to talk to the servants."

Two woman, in their mid 50s were sitting on the couch weeping.

"What happened ?" Sherlock asked.

"He told us to come in the noon. He said he wouldn't be at home. He even let us go home early yesterday. We usually leave around 9 P.M. But yesterday we went home at 7. He was looking nervous all the time. He was a very funny guy. Always cracking jokes. He always treated us so nicely. Like his parents. He died so young." She started crying. The other comforted her and continued," But yesterday, you know, his smiling seemed a bit fake. I asked him if there is something wrong. He just said no. He kept fidgeting and went to the basement every hour and then. He has important work related documents there. He cleaned the basement by himself."

"Did someone come to visit recently ? Or someone was calling him on telephone or cell phone ?"

"No. But it can be possible if someone called him after we left."

"Did you know he has a gun ?"

"Yes. He said he worked for the government and kept a gun for safety."

"Okay." Sherlock got up and stood in front of the small garden.

"Why did they break their pattern ?" I asked him.

"Children, Watson. Closest to the God's than any other mortal. Except Evans, everyone has a family. They have a soft spot. They care. Maybe they had once faced something like that. Loss of a parent or parents. I think that." Sherlock stopped and smirked. "Well well well, look at that John."

I was puzzled. I looked in front of us. A clean small garden.

"Madams, did Mr. Evans fly kites ?" He asked.

"No."

He then opened the sliding door and stepped on the garden. He went closer to a small plant which had few flowers in it. He carefully took a piece of thread which is used for flying kites. These threads are really sharp.

"Aah !" Sherlock winced in pain but smiled.

"Careful !" Mycroft said.

We both looked at him.

"I mean, it is evidence. Don't make it dirty." Mycroft sternly said and I just smiled. I don't know why these two cannot express their care and affection.

"Search the dustbins and the garbage bags." Sherlock shouted." And Mrs. Smallwood, what's up with Ms. Williams ?"

"She just returned home from grocery shopping. Isn't she just a nanny ? Then why is she shopping for you guys ?" Smallwood asked.

"She likes to do that, maybe." Sherlock said.

"By the way, I did a background check on her. She is clean."

"I already did that. Well, okay then."

"I told you. She is a good woman." I said to him.

"Whatever. You are too good. You'll believe anyone." Sherlock smiled.

"Believe me. You too will find someone. I have a feeling. A genuine one."

"Watson, I will never have what you had with Mary."

"You are wrong. You will get love more than you imagined from someone one day."

"Love is dangerous disadvantage, John. That's my principal."