Obscure Luxury

Jungkook made his way into the living room letting Taehyung sleep longer that morning. It wasn't weird waking up next to him. He was accustomed to it, yet he looked at Tae for a couple of seconds before he got out of bed. The sight of him that morning put a smirk on Jungkook's face. Tae was in HIS bed, by choice. Tae which could have been anywhere else, was there, between his sheets.

In the past, he had woken up next to the other boy without even realizing that, sometime during the night, Tae had snuck into his bed. It had been Jungkook the one who initiated this habit, though. It happened years prior.

The first night that Tae had spent in his bed, they stood up late and played games together. They fell asleep fully dressed, not caring about the small space they needed to share. The next day, Taehyung mentioned that he hated sleeping alone and the information was burned into Jungkook's head. Although Tae spoke to everyone present, Jungkook felt like the affirmation was directed towards him. Therefore, the second time Tae had asked if he could sleep in the same bed the maknae agreed without hesitation. Since that moment, he shooed Tae from his bed only when Jimin or Hobi were closely watching.

However, what they didn't know was that Jungkook was the first one to sneak into Tae's bed without asking him. It happened one night when he was extremely homesick, tired and longing for a friend, for human contact. He tried his best to keep it a secret from the rest of BTS as he hated when he looked weak in front of the others. He had been irritated and hard to talk to that day and Tae gave him space but it was the last thing that Jungkook wanted from him. He couldn't ask him, however. He didn't have the courage to do it. No matter how much Tae acted like his friend, Jungkook always wondered if Tae actually liked him or if he was being polite and friendly with the youngest of the group.

Therefore, when night came over the dorm and Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about his family, he went to Tae and placed himself on the bed, careful not to disturb. He instantly felt better. He felt Tae move but he pretended to be asleep so that he wouldn't have to explain why he was there. Tae didn't ask, he just turned towards him and wrapped both his arms around Jungkook's arm, head pressed to his shoulder. Jungkook was astonished at how easily another person could simultaneously reassure you, show your love and allow you to wiggle free if you wanted. He was fascinated with the smallest things Tae did and he was sure it showed. It was the first time Tae felt fragile next to him. Jungkook was compelled to care for him so he pulled the covers over the boy and drifted to sleep with the knowledge that his hyung needed him as well.

"Thank you for sleeping with me. It was kind of you as you know how much I dislike sleeping alone. I appreciate it." Said Tae and Jungkook's cheeks reddened. He suspected Tae knew the real reason why he came to his bed but the boy never addressed it directly, instead, he made it seem like Jungkook was actually doing him a favor. The hyungs teased him but Tae didn't give the subject any importance and it wasn't possible for Jungkook to thank him enough for it. From that moment on, it stopped being odd to see them sleeping together and also since then, it sometimes happened that going to sleep alone didn't automatically mean you'd wake up alone as well.

With various feelings running through him, Jungkook got up from the bed. They did not have appointments planned early that morning and as he walked to the common space and thought on it longer, Jungkook could swear it was the manager's doing. It would have been futile to expect them to wake up early either way since they went to bed incredibly late.

Much to Jungkook's surprise, all members were home and they sat together in the same room. They were clearly discussing something in whispered voices. The maknae had the distinct feeling that he walked in on a secret meeting. He was unsure if he was supposed to be there or not. The voices stopped when he entered the room, it couldn't have been more awkward.