Shangri-La

"Tae, what is the probability that you got us lost?" Hoseok asked, concerned that the car's suspension system would be completely ruined by the time they got to their destination. It wasn't the fact that the road was uninviting but that it took a toll on one's car that none of the drivers were expecting. He was displeased that he couldn't really enjoy the scenery because of the bumpy road and the woods were so inviting even though they didn't bear the greens of summer.

"Hyung, it's here. Map says... we need to curve to the right and..." Tae's eyes moved from his app to the road, to the piece of paper he was trying to interpret.

He sat in the front seat and he offered to drive on various occasions because he felt bad for the hyung. When he heard Tae's suggestion, Jungkook also started mentioning that he could take over driving for them. However, Tae had to be in charge of the route and Hoseok feared that Jungkook's need for adrenaline might make him increase the speed over the very menacing bumps on the road, so everybody agreed it would be optimal if Hoseok drove forward.

"Stop looking at your phone. Signal is too poor over here..." Jungkook endlessly tried to convince Tae to stop trusting the internet GPS and rely on the instructions that the booking agency gave them when they arrived in the area.

"Oy... Suga is going to murder us. Good thing he is keeping his distance in the other car..." Hoseok sighed somewhat amused by the situation. He silently thanked all the gods he knew that Namjoon was not in their car and that he stayed behind with Jin, Suga, and Jimin. The leader would have tried to help but since he didn't know how to drive or where they needed to go, he would have probably ended up just stressing himself out, which would have stressed Tae, which would have a laughing fit effect on Jungkook. "Thank the gods, Nam-..."

"Hyung! That's the one!!" Tae yelled loudly and unnecessarily as both his travel companions were in close-hearing distance.

A white, marble-like cabin appeared from between the trees. Hoseok could already see the big terrace and the grill area to the side. The house looked just like most of the other cabins on the lake and in the Cheongpyeong area. It was simple, lovely, and private. The latter detail was obviously the one that was most appreciated by the entire group. Hoseok actually told himself no sasaeng would actually put their car in as much peril to get there. Suddenly, he was more thankful for the road than he had ever been while driving there. Most people would have agreed that it was a little too cold to have this type of outing when spring was just setting in yet BTS had always been known for making things work in their favor, in their own way.

They were all together with their parents, enjoying a couple of days off, the final weeks before the comeback when they received a message from Taehyung. He wrote it in the group chat which had been silent for days. The text said "I booked this. I'm going there for the weekend. Anybody wants to come?" Attached were a couple of very glossy and obviously promotional photos of a cabin in one of the most beautiful places in Korea. It was advertised as being off the beaten track and offering 100% privacy.

To the surprise of the others, the first and almost instant reply came from Jimin. It simply read "I'm in." Then the world might as well have had imploded on itself but the second reply was Yoongi's. "Hmm... sounds good. +1" he wrote.

"Did you let management know? It extends our vacation by a day if you count coming back and getting ready." Namjoon asked.

"No, but I will," Tae said plainly.

"Ha! Count me as one of the bad boys!" said Jin. "I'm in. Hobi, Kook?"

"Jungkook will be there," replied Tae to nobody's surprise. The golden maknae had not even seen the messages, therefore, he knew beforehand of the entire trip.