Our lie is like us

"Taehyung...?"

Jungkook felt Tae's hand stiffen in his and the boy's smile dropped. The only indicator that Tae was still alive was that he blinked from time to time, yet his blinking was so slow that it might have also slowed time altogether. If it wouldn't have been for that slight movement and glister in Tae's eyes, Jungkook could have sworn that the boy even stopped breathing. Of course, nobody could have been as surprised as Jungkook by the fact that he plainly told Taehyung he loved him. He had so many other opportunities that may have suited the moment better. Yet, he didn't do it when they were in bed together. He didn't do it when they were alone. He whispered it to him when they were in a room with all their other hyungs.

Did it simply make more sense?

Jungkook couldn't explain what had changed in the color of Tae's hair that made him spit out the words or why Tae's skin suddenly felt softer than it ever was. Tae had held his hand before, that wasn't new either. Furthermore, it was a given that Tae instantly understood it was more than their regular, brotherly or encouraging "love you". All in all, Jungkook didn't expect Tae to go silent. It was beyond awkward to confess and have the other person go rigid in your grasp.

Did he make a mistake?

"Look, we don't need to be weird about it." The maknae was about to completely change his mind regarding the disbandment. More than that, he wanted to use whatever money he had to get completely pulverized from the face of the Earth. He could feel his cheeks going red and he couldn't help scolding himself in his mind for the very sudden decision.

"Great going, golden idiot... He says he loves you and you have to take it a step forward and embarrass yourself within the next 10 minutes. Great! True swag, Jeon Idiotkook..." he thought.

Lost inside his own head, he couldn't tell what snapped Tae out of his trance. The older boy's long hand let go of his fingers only to pick up his palm and raise it. Jungkook was too unaware of his surroundings to put up any resistance. One moment he was engulfed in darkness and then he could feel something as his hand was pressed to Taehyung's chest by the boy. It felt like a minor resurrection.

Tae was very much alive. Better yet, his heart was beating at an impossible rate, making his chest vibrate uncontrollably. Jungkook couldn't help but stare at his own palm on Tae's chest.

"Is he having a panic attack?" the maknae asked himself, visibly worried. However, Taehyung left Jungkook's hand and he placed both his arms around his neck.

"Look at me..." the request came out soft but demanding.

Jungkook met his eyes and the lazy blinking was still there, reminding him that every second counted, that time still passed and it passed with him in Taehyung's arms, supporting the light weight on his shoulders.

"Kiss me..." Taehyung murmured and there was insecurity hidden behind his vowels yet the voice pleaded.

The distance between them was so small and before Jungkook could actually process where they were, they were kissing each other slowly. They couldn't tell which one of them approached the other. Who made the first move? Did it matter? Perhaps they moved at the same time through the void, just to find each other between the webs of the word. Perhaps they both leaned it to the spot where their lips were supposed to touch. Yet details of their clash were petite in comparison to the fact that the V-line of Taehyung's unbuttoned shirt allowed Jungkook to feel the hot and exposed skin under the tip of his fingers. The warmth was inviting, seductive just like Tae's smell and just like his lips. Therefore, the maknae moved his palm at the base of Taehyung's neck, enjoying the smoothness of the other boy's flesh and the tingle the movement sent through his entire body. They found each other in flesh and bones – a unique discovery. But the maknae wanted more, he wanted to grab the side of Tae's neck, just below his ear and caress him and as Taehyung felt it, he purred, stopped and bit his lips discretely.