Demiurge

All the agitation from the dorm had moved to the studios and offices of the BigHit building. The Big Machine of Sounds had been activated and it ran at maximum capacity. There was no corner which didn't vibrate under the pressure of pre-recordings and recordings. The album was slowly becoming a reality. Every living soul became a device of the mechanism they served. Namjoon still had lyrics to deliver for certain songs and others still needed editing from producers but it was going steady. BTS was a name hiding a very intricate apparatus and countless hours of work split between everybody involved. And because every mechanism needed all its gears to function properly, the boys barely went home.

Even Suga was sick of his recording studio and he wandered around the building during his breaks. He couldn't help but acknowledge that the comeback felt a lot different when everybody knew they were running out of time as contracts slowly came to an end and as the AMA win put unimaginable pressure on their shoulders.

He roamed the hallways of the building, most of the time so he could clear his head before diving back into work, something he didn't use to do before. Another abnormality was the fact that he held his phone closer to him because every once in a while he would exchange short texts messages with Jimin.

Jimin: Ugh, dance practice not going so well.
Yoongi: Need anything?
Jimin: Water, sleep and perhaps a vacation. Heh.
Jimin: Getting back into it. Pray for me.
Yoongi: Slow down from time to time. Take care.

Yoongi: Hey. Want to grab food? You in the building?
Jimin: Yep. Sure.

Jimin: I'm done for today.
Jimin: Going back to the dorm to sleep.
Yoongi: Rest well.
Jimin: Don't sleep in the studio again.
Yoongi: No, I'll be home later, don't worry.
Jimin: See you in the morning.

All the texts had the same beat. Nothing uncommon for somebody who didn't know how much Yoongi actually hated texting, only the fact that he sent three continuous messages was mindboggling. Jimin was not insistent although each time Yoongi's phone buzzed he knew that it was the younger boy casually telling him what he was up to. It felt nice to exchange the texts even during the busiest moments, yet Jimin didn't mind if Yoongi didn't reply right away if he eventually did.

He was telling Jimin what he wanted from the takeout shop the boy was at when he saw Them the first time.

His aimless wandering through corridors brought him in the tech and storage area. They were there. Jungkook and Tae sat together in a storage room as they ate, probably having a break in their schedules. They cleared the dusty table and between all the discarded equipment, they nibbled at the food in the casseroles. Nobody ever came in that particular room, therefore, the two were talking, laughing and feeding each other bits and pieces of food. They looked joyful, and Yoongi was careful to leave the doorframe of the crowded and dirty room before they saw him. He listened to their conversation though.

"Woa, yeah but no, the best episode is the last one of season 1. We learn the truth about him! We should watch that again!" Taehyung said in an excited voice.

"Again?! We watched it like 100 times, Taetae..." Jungkook whined.

Yoongi wondered if he heard well. Jungkook dropped honorifics here and there but it was always done cautiously, with a slight tremble in his voice yet his tone with Taehyung was different when they thought nobody was around. Yoongi waited to hear if Tae would address it. He didn't. He continued talking about the anime as if it was the most normal thing in the world for Jungkook to call him by his nickname.

"Could we watch that series I told you about last night?" Jungkook followed.

"Of course, Kookie... We can, afterward..." Tae said, laughing.