The Pact

"What?!?! You are Fafnir?" Morgianna could not help but raise her voice after hearing the young man's words. She frantically looked around expecting a dragon-like lizard to still be chained to the cave floor.

"You are so young looking though!"

Fafnir chuckled. " I am at least 600 years old, give or take a few years. Though it seems I did not age while under the influence of the curse." He smiled a dazzling smile that would blind most women. He had spent so long suffering that it felt like he had ascended to the clouds.

"We age much slower than your kind due to our longevity. I was cursed close to the equivalent of my 16th human year, or 170 in dragon years." He was still chuckling as he stared at the shocked expression on Morgiannas face.

"I promised an oath to you. I plan to return to my kingdom as many years have passed without me knowing what has happened. However I cannot just leave you without paying my life debt. If it shall please you, I will form a blood contract with you. It will allow me to know when you are in danger and be able to find you. You can also use it to contact me telepathically. I know I owe you much, but I am worried about my kingdom."

"What else do I need to know about the pact?" Fafnir was kind of surprised by her question as with her being a child he figured she would just agree and he could move on.

Fafnir ran his hand through his hair that fell into his eyes. The movement drawing Morgianna's attention. She couldn't help but scold herself for checking out the "old" man in front of her.

"Wellllll with the pact you will probably live longer, and I'll live a little shorter, maybe 100 years or so? To be honest I'm not 100 percent sure as I have never made a pact with someone... and it was kind of looked down on when I was still a prince." A look of sadness flashed across his eyes that looked like they were two tiny suns placed on his face. He closed those molten pools and turned slightly away.

Her breath caught when she finally noticed the wings sticking out from his back

Her breath caught when she finally noticed the wings sticking out from his back. They looked like two dangerous weapons by themselves, and she could imagine it easy to end someone's life with them.

She knew curiosity killed the cat but the moment she saw them she wanted, no needed to touch them.

Moving forward slightly she asked, "why would you shorten your life by making a pact with me?" Her hands twitched at her side begging to reach out and feel if the points in his wings were as sharp as they seem.

"I would shorten it many times if it would pay you back for releasing me. I am going to be able to actually have a life now, whereas what I was doing before was not living but simply existing." He turned then to look at her but found her eyes glued to his wings. There was a sparkle in her eyes that he had a bad feeling about.

She finally looked up to meet his eyes. She knew she had been caught looking but was unashamed.

"May I touch your wings?" The words had barely left her mouth before her hands were already reaching. Fafnir thinking she would just touch the soft part almost chocked on his own tongue when she immediately wrapped her tiny fingers around the bone spikes.