Needing A Reason

Weeks passed with Morgianna and her group sleeping in forests and escaping the grasps of 6 princes and her brother. To be honest other than the fact that they had to bathe in rivers it was a relaxing experience. With her creation magic anything they could want was at the tip of her fingers with little more than a thought.

They had always packed light so they could move quickly and when leaving an area anything they couldn't carry was burnt. She could just remake anything that didn't have emotional value and on this trip they didn't have much that did.

"Have you checked the perimeter?" Morgianna was standing at the fire stirring a stew as if she was in a five-star kitchen and not the middle of nowhere. She was even wearing an apron that said 'Kiss the Chef' with her long black hair tied back. For everyone in her group this was normal, the weird clothes were just accepted as something from her previous life.

"Fafnir and I have been taking turns checking every other hour since we arrived." Faust had a huge smile on his face as he sat on a log sharpening his sword. Sometimes his upbeat attitude was draining but sometimes it helped the group get through the day.

Fafnir and Myra were sitting on a log near the fire cuddling, hardly paying attention to anything going on around them and Alnwick was laying upon the grass his arms tucked behind his head. All together it was a peaceful setting. Anyone who didn't know would think this group was leisurely camping. "I hate to be the one to intrude on such a calming setting but you were just too difficult to find."

At the sound of the voice everyone shot up and into a defensive position. It was not easy to sneak up on a group such as theirs as they all were sensitive to magic and smells. Standing proudly at the edge of the clearing with a smirk on his face was Felix. Even if Morgianna wanted to sigh in relief that the person who found them was Felix, she was also upset. With him here he was in grave danger.

For the past few weeks while he was gathering information on her group she had been gathering some on Angeline. It seemed that not too long before they arrived in the area there had been sightings of a girl who fit Angeline's description in a nearby town. Or at least the pink hair and eyes part. The girl wore a mask that covered her full face and she didn't stop at any stalls while she walked around. It was almost as if she were trying to be noticed without making it obvious...

"Felix, I told you to go home. It is dangerous to be around me right now. I promise I will finish this up as soon as I can and come home so can't you please go back?" Morgianna tilted her head and gave him her signature eye bat but it was ineffective.

He simply frowned at her cute gesture not showing any other emotion on his face. Only he would know the turmoil of resisting it within his heart. "I did go home thanks to you sweet sister and then I left again. Stop trying to leave me behind. You always left me behind when all I want it to protect you and be there for you like they are!" He motioned around him at Fafnir and the others.

Morgianna did not realize he wanted to protect her so badly. She had always just assumed he was curious about where she went, maybe wanting a little adventure for himself. "It is dangerous, can't you see that I want to protect you too?"

Felix and Morgianna were both breathing hard as they stared at one another. A bolt of black magic flying at Felix brought everyone's attention to a pink-haired girl in a mask. Morgianna had tried to pull him out of the way when she felt the fluctuation in the air but the bolt still hit him in the shoulder. The shoulder is still way better than a direct chest hit. "Oh man and here I thought you didn't care about dear old brother. I should have made a stop in your hometown and killed him. It's a pity really because he also should have been mine. You took so much from me it is only right I take from you. You don't mind right?" At those words Angeline threw bolt after bolt of the black magic at Morgianna while blocking any attack the rest of the group threw at her.

Morgianna slowly released her built-up magic, keeping it locked under tight control. For years she practiced religiously so that when the time came she would be able to use it, yet she still could not go full out. It was still too much and she feared she would hurt those close to her. As if sensing her hesitation to go all out Angeline turned her attacks on everyone, firing wildly and with abandon. "You know even though I hit him in the arm and not the heart like I planned he will probably still die. It's not like there are many light magic users around to save him but if you begged really hard and offered me your head I might do something. He is kind of cute."

Morgianna felt her control slipping and reigned it in. Angeline was toying with her but all Morgianna needed was a distraction to flip the table. 'Everyone, we are going with formation 5.' Her voice rang out through her group's minds and everyone immediately began moving. They had been working on different formations when fighting so that they could get rid of pesky opponents easier and with less danger.

The moment she heard that everyone was in position she moved forward towards Angeline but then quickly shot to the left. Each member of the group did the same things taking turns multiple times until they had set up a pattern. They wanted Angeline to see the pattern and the moment she turned to the next person who should have moved is when they struck. It would have been Morgianna's turn to run at Angeline and the pink-haired girl knew it. She positioned her body facing Morgianna in excitement thinking of how she would strike her down when an attack from the right hit her in the torso blowing her back into a line of trees. The blow was so powerful it cracked her mask making half of it fall to the ground revealing her marred flesh beneath.

As if a switch was flipped the attacks that Angeline threw out were becoming increasingly volatile. Some of the group's attacks were finally landing and blood was seeping through her outfit. Morgianna was ready to end her, all it would take is one well placed hit. 'Formation 2' it was a whisper through their minds, everyone knowing exactly what to do.

They moved quickly ready to strike while the iron is hot. Just as they were ready a black miasma burst forth from Angeline and from it emerged a familiar shadowy figure. "Tut tut, I can't have you ending her just yet. She has more use. May we meet again... Soon." With those words he disappeared taking Angeline with him leaving only an ominous feeling behind.

Morgianna could not even breathe a sigh of relief as a groan of pain pulled her attention back to the present. Felix was sweating profusely rolling on the ground with his eyes squeezed shut tightly. There was no time to waste, Morgianna pressed both hands to his shoulder and called forth her light magic. There was a dark presence within him, even darker than she had felt when fighting Sora and it took all her concentration just to pull it from within him. By the time she was finished it was her who was sweating.

Felix lay upon the grass his eyebrows still pinched but his color returning. With bleary eyes he looked up at Morgianna the fever that was ravaging his mind just moments before finally breaking. In a weak voice just barely a whisper he held onto Morgianna's hand. "Please don't leave me behind."

Those five words were like an atomic bomb dropped straight onto her heart. She knew it was too late to take him back home even if she wanted to. Angeline had seen him and made it very clear that she would not mind sending him to the afterlife. "Shhh it's going to be okay. I won't send you anywhere just rest."

The words must have reached him as his tense body began to relax. Morgianna ran a trembling hand through his disheveled hair. If she had been too late she did not know what she would have done. It seemed Felix finally had his reason to stay with her, a very deadly reason.

_____________________
Word count before note:1503

Well he finally can't be left behind! It sucks that my poor sweet Felix had to get hurt for it to happen though.

In the next chapter he becomes an unofficial member of their group, no pact needed. Lol anyone wondering where the princes are?

Vote if you enjoyed it! ❤