Kidnapped the Wrong Girl

Morgianna felt her body go weightless and was pulled through the window. A normal-sized person would have difficulty getting even part of their body through but her small stature was easily slid through the opening.

The man named Necro did not stop after extracting her and instead fled into the surrounding woods. Morgianna could easily fight back but decided to wait. She was curious by nature and wanted to know where the man was taking her.

"Ah not even fighting back, you must want to be my lovely." The man's breath was rancid and there seemed to be an ever-present smell of decay permeating from his body. She tried to breathe through her mouth, but the man would not remove his hand. The need to escape and save her nose was pushing her to struggle, but she grit her teeth and endured.

After what felt like an hour of running through the forest, the man stopped at a cave. It smelled of blood and rot. The whole area was shrouded in gloom not even a spec of sunlight gracing them with its presence.

Necro dropped her on the ground as if she were a sack of potatoes, uncaring of how she landed. He spread his arms out wide his face tilted towards the sky and closed his eyes. "Daddy is home my pretties." At his words grotesque wildlife began crawling, limping and dragging their bodies from the surrounding forest.

There had to be over 100 creatures and Morgianna had felt none of them. She realized that it may have to deal with their lack of magic, but if that was the case there could be even more creatures waiting to attack her friends. Regret filled her heart, curiosity, in this case, did not pay off. Yes she found his other "lovelies" but at what cost?

"Aren't they the best?" Necro bent and picked up a snake that was missing chunks down the length of its body. Its bones sticking through other places made her want to gag. As if he was uncaring of the snake's state Necro wrapped it around his neck like a scarf and began walking towards her. "Tell me they are the best. They are your brothers and sisters, don't you love them?" His eyes up close were a light grey almost white. They held no warmth, only a cold calculating depth.

'Uh guys, so I kinda got taken to creepos lair. His name is Necro by the way, not sure if he named himself or what but his name kinda sucks. Anywayyy there are about 100 zombie animals and the dude is a few cards shy of a stack if you know what I mean.' Morgianna opened up her link to all three of them and was immediately bombarded with questions.

'Can you keep him distracted for a couple of minutes? Kinda still killing his gross henchmen. Only 2 left and we can head that way.' Myra spoke in a calm manner even as she tore another head off a zombie.

'Are you okay Mor?' Alnwick had a hint of worry in his voice but still kept his composure as he was fighting.

Fafnir on the other hand was all anger. 'I thought I told you not to do anything dangerous. Are you trying to give me a heart attack? How could you just let him cart you off while we are fighting? I know you let him.'

Morgianna could not deny the truth. 'Look I'm sorry okay? I can hold them off or keep him talking so see ya when you get here.' She cut the link not wanting to get yelled at in her head while she needed to think of a way to keep Necro distracted.

She kept her face a placid mask. Necro stood only a few feet away still lovingly caressing his snake. His eyes were locked on Morgianna as if he were looking at a show horse.

"Remove your hood." His voice grated in her ears.

"Before I do that, don't you get tired of not having someone to talk to? I think your creations are lovely, could you tell me more about them?" Her voice was steady but internally she was wincing at the cringe-worthy words spewing from her mouth.

Necro tilted his head to the side in deep contemplation. "You are lying to me, aren't you? Nobody thinks they are lovely but me." He was frowning, his greyish-white eyes squinting in her direction.

"Oh no they are lovely, the fact that they move so easily is already amazing. Are they all from around here?" The more she spoke the bigger his smile became.

She could feel two unknown presences heading in their direction. From their magical signature she knew they were not part of her group. She just hoped they were not part of his.

Necro had been listening intently as she praised his babies but he too felt the two magical signatures drawing closer. His smile began to turn back into a frown. "You are just trying to trick me. I feel your friends trying to sneak up on me!" Spit flew from his mouth and his snake reared up and hissed.

She hardly had time to move before the snake launched through the air fangs bared. It seemed all at once all the other animals surged in her direction. Necro stood back watching as she blew back his so-called babies with wind.

After blasting them back to a safe distance she reached into her dimensional space to pull her weapon free. She had spent months having it forged and had only received it 2 weeks ago. A slender black handle was the first to become visible followed by a wickedly sharp curved blade. Running the length of it were runes, each one corresponding to a different attribute. Spinning it in her hands the wind rune lit up a bright silver just before a gust of wind stronger than the one she used earlier blasted everything within 30 feet of her.

 Spinning it in her hands the wind rune lit up a bright silver just before a gust of wind stronger than the one she used earlier blasted everything within 30 feet of her

Necro did not have time to prepare and was sent flying. "You kidnapped the wrong person." Her voice was cold which did not match the manic smile she had plastered on her face. Using her air magic she levitated off the ground, her scythe propped on her shoulder and she surveyed the aftermath of her one attack. Several of the smaller creatures had been ripped apart by her winds but the larger ones were struggling to get back on their feet.

Any second now the two unknowns would arrive, but Morgianna could also feel that Fafnir and the rest were on their way. She looked in the direction that the two newcomers were about to arrive and got in a battle stance. If they were friends she would let them leave but if they are foes, she would make this area their grave just as it will be Necros.

________________
Sorry for the short chapter!! I know what I want to happen but I am having difficulty putting it to words.

Hope everyone is having a good week and staying safe.

Like comment and share if you would like. Much love ❤️