Chapter 7

It was the next day. Danny was currently waiting in his room for everyone to fall asleep. He didn't want someone walking into his room while he was out on patrol. He decided to use his enhanced hearing.

He heard a heartbeat downstairs. He recognized it as Alfred's. Over the last few days, he was now able to recognize the others just by their heartbeats and footsteps. He listened to the room next to his but didn't hear anything. That was really odd... he listened harder to the room one over but didn't hear anything there either. Where were Bruce and Dick? He sat very still and listened to the entire manor.

"What is that?" he became very confused as he listened to something below him. He didn't hear Bruce and Dick, but he heard some kind of machinery. This required some investigation...

Danny turned intangible and invisible and flew down to the bottom floor of the manor. He then went down even further, until he had reached some kind of cave.

This was really strange, inside of the cave there were a ton of different types of machinery. There was even a giant computer in one corner. Man... Tucker would love this place... Danny shook the thought out of his head... Tucker was gone...

Danny flew over to another side and saw that there was a plane and a boat with bats painted on the side. Did Bruce know about this place? Who had built it? Once he had looked at everything, he decided that he should head out on patrol.

~time skip~

It had been a fairly slow night. Danny had caught a couple of minor ghosts, so the night hadn't been a complete waste. He was about to head home when he heard something. Or rather, someone.

Danny went flying in the direction of the heartbeats. He had recognized them as Bruce and Dick, but what were they doing out so late?

He stopped on a roof overlooking an ally. Bruce and Dick were nearby. He looked down, and saw a woman, across from her was a man. And he was holding a gun. Danny was about to fly down and stop him, but two other figures beat him to it.

A man in a dark cape knocked the guy out, while a boy in a red and black costume checked on the woman. Danny's eyes widened. That was the Batman. Danny remembered Tucker talking about him a long time ago, but Sam and Danny thought he was lying. So, he was real after all...

Wait... he listened to the heartbeats of the two heroes. That was Bruce and Dick! Danny stood there in shock. So that's where they had gone... and that explained the cave... that must have been their secret hideout or something!

Danny quickly flew away before he could be spotted. If he remembered correctly, Tucker said that Batman was a part of some kind of... Justice Society... it was a group of heroes that fought crime together. He thought Superman was in it... and maybe the Flash...

Danny shook his head, that settled it. He definitely couldn't tell Bruce his secret. If he was the Batman, then he might not trust him if he found out he was a ghost. He might take Danny to those Justice people, and they might experiment on him. No, Bruce could never know that Danny Fenton and Danny Phantom were one in the same...

(A/N - Hey guys, sorry this one is kinda short. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you like it :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)