Chapter 26

"Good morning Danny."

"Morning." He replied as he sat down at the table. Bruce was very proud of his progress. It had been several months since Dany came to live with them, but he had improved exponentially. He was still quiet, but he was talking more, he had joined Dick's friend group at school, he was now a part of the Art Club. Things were going great!

"Hey, guys!" Dick greeted as he came down the stairs.

"Hi." Danny replied while Bruce gave him a 'Good morning.'

"What's cooking Alfie?" Dick grinned as he sat down.

Bruce almost laughed as he watched Alfred refrain himself from rolling his eyes. "This morning I have prepared scrambled eggs, and hash browns."

"Awesome!" Dick continued grinning.

Bruce looked over at him, "And what has you so excited this morning?"

If possible, Dick's smile got even bigger. "Well since you asked..." Bruce had the sneaking suspicion that Dick had been waiting for this exact moment. "I was on the phone with Barbara just now, and she invited us to go to the new planetarium with her and Artemis today after school!"

Bruce rolled his eyes, "Dick, I know you are into science, but Danny might not want to..."

"Did you say planetarium?!" Danny asked excitedly. "I didn't know there was one in Gotham!"

"It just opened!" Dick said excitedly.

"And we're going today?!" Dick nodded. "This is going to be awesome!"

~time skip~

Once breakfast was over, Alfred drove the boys to school. Chances are, they were still talking about the planetarium. They learned that Danny had apparently dreamed of being an astronaut. However, when he talked about that dream, he seemed to get kind of sad. It was rather odd.

Most days, Bruce would have already been off to work by now. However, today he had some business to attend to at home, so he decided not to go into the office. Once everyone was gone, Bruce went up to his study.

When he sat down at his computer, he started by opening his email. He was quickly sorting through junk mail when he noticed an email from Gotham Academy. When he clicked on it, he saw that report cards had been sent out.

Dick was a good student, Bruce never had to worry about his grades, even with his extracurriculars. Both school-related and otherwise. However, he still liked to check on his grades when they came in, just to make sure crime-fighting wasn't getting in the way of his studies. When he opened the file he smiled, perfect as usual. Dick had an A+ in every class, and all of the comments his teachers gave were very positive.

Bruce looked at the second file. It wouldn't hurt to make sure that Danny was doing okay as well. However, 'okay' was far from what he saw. Danny's highest grade was a B- in literature. Bruce read all of the comments with sadness.

"Daniel is a good student, but he doesn't seem to be trying to reach his full potential."

"He's a very sweet boy, but he often falls asleep in class."

"I've been going easier on him because of what happened, but I don't feel like he is focusing on his schoolwork. Is he a part of too many activities?"

"He does well in class, but when there's a test, it seems like he hasn't studied for it at all."

"I'm worried about him, there are days that he comes into class with scrapes and bruises. I'm afraid he might be getting picked on. I've asked him about it, but he's never told me where the injuries come from."

"I've looked back at his records from his past school, and he seemed to have fairly decent grades. That is until they abruptly went downhill about a year and a half ago. I don't what could have happened..."

"Is everything okay at home? He seems very troubled and lost in thought..."

Bruce silently closed the lid of his computer. By no means, did he expect Danny's grades to be as high as Dick's. That would be unfair. However, Bruce was still very concerned. What could be going on with him? If his grades didn't get better soon, he would need to have a talk with him...

(A/N - Hey guys! Updating a bit early this week (11:30 on Thursday), cuz I'm driving to Nashville tomorrow. Thanks for reading! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)