Chapter 11

~Dainin~

Dainin leaned with his palms flat against the shower tiles. The hot water running down his body soothed his aching muscles after a grueling sparring match with his mate. At first, he was excited to get his hand on her, but it quickly turned into a test of speed and agility. When Tessa gained the upper hand she took him down fast and hard with no remorse.

"Probably getting back at you for leaving her against the tree," his wolf growled, still upset with Dainin for refusing to finish what he started.

"It wouldn't have been what she wanted," Dainin sighed, his jaw growing tense thinking about last night. He knew if their eyes met, he'd lose control. "She made it clear she didn't want to rush things during dinner. If we took advantage of her emotions from the bond how could we face her," he asked.

"You're right," his wolf admitted. "Besides that, our pack's training needs work. The few Warriors we brought could barely hold their own against Blue Ridge today. Once our pack is settled we need to work harder," his wolf noted.

Dainin grunted in agreement. Luckily, the council approved their move since there were no further developments in Arizona about the attacks. Everyone from White Sand was due to arrive by the weekend and a bright new future was waiting for them.

During the property tour, Zander shared that their new pack land was home to many elderly wolves before they moved to Blue Ridge for protection after members passed on or relocated with family. It had a small town, a large packhouse, and an Alpha estate. There was a lot of cleaning to be done, but it worked.

Stepping out of the shower, Dainin dried off and dressed in a fitted gray T-shirt and dark jeans with sneakers. "Alan, are you almost to the packhouse? I know Cadence brought a crew over to clean this morning. Make sure you help her," Dainin mind linked with his brother.

"Yes, Alpha. We're almost there. You were taking too long in the shower," Alan chuckled, making Dainin roll his eyes. Ever since Alan knew about Tessa the teasing was non-stop.

"He's lucky he's family or I would have given him a beating of a lifetime," his wolf growled as Dainin entered the hallway where he became overwhelmed by his mate's springtime scent.

Quickly rushing down the stairs, Dainin found Tessa pressed against the front door with her eyes locked on the floor. "Tessa," he called to her when he reached the bottom step. She looked up to meet his eyes, being cautious not to look around.

"Dainin, I was hoping someone would have been outside to let you know I was here, but no luck," she shrugged, and Dainin couldn't help but pull her into a comforting hug. After planting a kiss on top of her head, he led her to the porch swing outside.

"What brings you all the way here," he asked, watching her look out to the driveway.

"John came home today from a personal business trip," she said but stopped, carefully thinking over her next words.

"Okay, is everything alright," Dainin asked.

Tessa huffed in frustration as her hand ran through her hair. "It is, but my grandmother spilled the beans that I found my mate so now everyone wants to meet you," she rushed out, but Dainin was hypnotized by the way she nervously pulled her lower lip between her teeth.

He reached over, turning her head to face him as his thumb gently pulled Tessa's lip free from her hold. The pad of his thumb slowly slid over the soft skin of her full lip and he smiled when she took hold of his hand, pulling it away to intertwine their fingers.

"So, you're basically asking me to meet your family," he teased, but even his charm didn't seem to calm her nerves. Instead, Tessa stood abruptly making her way to the stairs.