~•~•~

Before getting into the story, I would like to share an overview of my OC ^^

Name: Takashi Sayomi

Age: 20

Height: 166 cm

Birthday: Dec 10

Species: Demon
Human (Formerly)

Hair color: Raven that fades to crimson red at the ends

Eye color: Red Orange (Human)
Lemon (Demon)

Outfit: The standard demon slayer uniform but in a near, pitch-black shade under a black haori with a huge, blood red, horizontal pinstripe circling the edge of her sleeves. She wears a belt with a brighter shade of red over her haori.

She has the ends of her hakama pants bound around by blood red strips of cloth. After her transformation, she stitches a hood to her haori to shield herself from the sun and begins wearing a black, kitsune mask soon after when she fights to hold the hood over her head.

She has her hair bundled together by a red-orange hair ribbon given to her by Kyojuro.

~°~°~°~

Relationships:

Takashi Akatsuki- Brother (Deceased)

Rengoku Kyojuro- Love Interest (Deceased)

Unnamed mother

Unnamed Father
~°~°~°~°

Affiliation/s: Demon Slayer Corps

Occupation/s: Demon Slayer

Position/s: Kinoe/Tsuguko (Former)
Shadow Hashira

Weapons: Ash gray Nichirin blade

~°~°~°~°

Natural abilities/Powers--

Presence Supression:
- Due to Sayomi being sickly at such a young age, she has had to modify her own breathing patterns to suit the air capacity in her lungs, sometimes being able to hold her own breath for an unnatural duration thereby affecting her physical presence. She has honed it to her utmost limits after becoming a demon slayer.

Immense Speed & Reflexes

Enhanced Stealth:
- As the user of a stealth-heavy, combat style, Sayomi is able to move with little to no sound even while executing an aggressive attack.

Enhanced Strength

Enhanced Mental Prowess

Indomitable Will:
-Sayomi's will has always been a force of nature even before becoming a demon slayer. Kyojuro had even noted her will to be 'supernatural' even when she was past her limit from hours of training. She was also able to overcome Muzan's influence multiple times and trap Akaza as he tried to escape the sun.

Weapon ambidexterity:
- Sayomi has mastered skillfully wielding her blade with either hand during combat, alternating between grips and thereby making her slashes seem omnidirectional.

Breath of the Shadows/ Shadow Breathing (Kage no Kokyū/ 影の呼吸) :

-A derivative of the Breath of Flames. Optimizes a user's agility, stealth and strike time. This combat style has the user mimic the opponent's initial movements, like a shadow, in order to predict the next, use an opponent's blind spot (if they have one) as an advantage, and make their own bodies lighter to deliver stealth attacks out in the open- which usually comprise of two to three, quick slashes in one run.

This also requires an ambidextrous wield of the sword. It is created by Sayomi herself as she failed to recreate the accuracy of Kyojuro's flame breathing. When used properly, the user visualizes ink-black streaks emanating from their weapon or parts of their body.

Forms:

1st form:
Nightly Stealth
- an unprecedented slash or variety of slashes delivered after continuous dodging

2nd form:
Umbral Jab

-the user impales the target in light speed from any direction to pin them against a surface.

3rd form:
Cloaked Sweep
- an abrupt, diagonal, bottom-up slash

4th form:
Swift Penumbral Cover
-the user turns and pivots as they deflect incoming attacks with the twirl of their sword.

5th form:
Dashing Shadow stallion
-the user dashes with great speed towards the target, slashing down in a manner similar to that of a powerful trample from a horse

6th form:
Flaming Eclipsed Slash
-the user twists their body in the air and delivers multiple slashes

7th form:
Overshadow
- a powerful yet tricky attack that meshes the user's agility and stealth altogether. Sayomi has to accommodate enough oxygen in her lungs and hold her breath in between intervals as she darts around in a certain pattern, looking like a streak of darkness in the opponent's perception all the while delivering lethal slashes to the legs, torso, and finally the neck.

With demon abilities:

Blood Demon Art: Phantom Waltz- Phase

-Sayomi dashes towards the target, her footprints becoming puddles of darkness and coating her body, making it seem as though she's glitching in the opponent's perception and leaving shadowy afterimages.

~•~•~••~

Note:

Although it was implied that Kyojuro wanted Tanjiro to become his tsuguko, in this AU, he doesn't as Sayomi had already taken that position.

A/N: Edited the description of the breath forms. Sorry for the inconvenience 😞