4

(Athena in the pic)

Fair warning guys this love story wont be typically romantic. All the gods were messy AF and Aries is the god of war therefore a hard male. Born and bred for battle and not adept at things like expressing feelings. Also Remember that all Greek god facts are not accurate as this is fiction.

Athena bowed in front of her fathers throne. He smiled and embraced her. Hugging her long and pressing a sweet kiss onto her cheek. Athena had always relished in being her fathers favorite child. He had many but she was the one he loved most. His golden child. His wife Hera hated that. She truthfully hated anyone whom her father gave too much attention. Athena was grateful she wasn't present. However lately Athena  couldn't feel as happy as she once did in her fathers embrace. She wanted what he would never grant her. Even being his favorite would not make it happen. She secretly despaired about that truth.

"Father you have asked for me" she said after he retook his seat

"Yes my daughter. I have a task i need your particular skills for"

"Of course father whatever you wish shall be done" She said obediently like always

Athena used to truly mean those words. She used to rush to do his bidding. Happy to appease him, to make him proud. Now they tasted bitter on her tongue. Why did he want to have his way in everything but others could not. 

"I know it will child. I can always count on you cant i" He said with pride in his words

"Always" she agreed halfheartedly

"Ares is having trouble with his kingdom. it has been a continuous problem that seems to never find a permanent resolution. Help him reach one." 

"Right away father"  she moved to depart until his voice halted her

"Also...There's another matter of a more..... personal nature"

Athena raised her brow at that.

 "Ares has a servant woman. Dark flawless skin and white hair much like my own. Please see that she is  unharmed and well and report it back to me immediately"

Athena could tell from the way he spoke of her that her father had taken a liking to yet another servant mortal. She felt bitter resentment well in her chest. Her father always got whatever he wanted without question. Everyone else had to seek his permission. 

For Athena she knew he would never grant it. The one thing she desired above all things

A fierce surge of anger flooded through her then, but she forced a small smile and nodded obediently

"Yes father" she muttered before departing

**********************

Before going to Ares' realm Athena made a stop at the one place she had spent much of her time lately. 

Her uncles realm. The underworld.

 She been coming here for several decades now. It was becoming like her second home. She used the guise of wanting to see her uncle and bond with him. But bonding was the last thing she had in mind whenever she came here

 But bonding was the last thing she had in mind whenever she came here