➵Socialising➵

Chapter 2
"Hey, Nice to meet you."

M/R's pov

I sat in Karasuma's seat in the staff room, swinging my arms around to the side. Not long later, he walked in and stared at me with a disapproving look,

"Understand this, M/R, it may not seem like it but you have to make friends."

I shrugged, "Never needed friends before, why should I need them now? I'll kill the target just like I'll kill my mother."

He sighed, "Have you attempted killing your mother before?"

I nodded.

"Have you ever succeeded?"

I stayed silent, nibbling my lip in frustration. Quietly shaking my head as a 'no'. Karasuma shook his head and pointed to the door, "Out."

"What?! But Nii-San!-"

"Out. M/R."

I pouted and jumped off of his chair, getting out of the room. I looked back at him, and he ushered me to go and socialise.

A frown was placed on my face as a sighed, straightening my posture back up and placing my hands in my pockets, "Screw this."

Quietly, I made my way back to the classroom and sat in my chair, leaning back against the wall. My pistol was in my hand as I twirled it around my fingers.

"Um, L/N-Kun, right?" A voice spoke up.

"Oh, blue-binary," I said unconsciously. He blushed and crossed his arms, looking elsewhere. A small, petite girl giggled next to him, "Nagisa-Kun, he called you blue-binary."

"Oh. You're male?" I questioned, causing most of the class to snicker.

"That's offensive, L/N-Kun." Nagisa pouted. Karma snickered and nodded, "Hey, I mean I wouldn't find that offensive if I were you. It'd be flattering."

"No-one asked you, cherry boy." I rolled my eyes.

"Cherry boy?" He whistled and grinned, "Did your Nii-San tell you to socialise?"

I glared at him, "Are you mocking what I call him? Or am I mishearing?"

Everyone else quietened down and observed us, not wanting to be part of this fight they knew were about to happen. Karma arched his brow at me and stood up from his chair, "Oh? And if I am?"

This time a smirk formed on my face, my pistol slightly raised up. "If you were, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot you." I sneered, bloodlust in my eyes.

"I'd like seeing you try." He said back, clearly wanting to tempt me. I grit my teeth and gripped the pistol tighter, raising it and levelling it towards his head.

Within a second, the gun was shot out of my hands and I was being held down by two guys. "Wha- Hey! What the fuck?!"

I looked up to see a girl with short hair and a pistol, aimed at where my gun lay on the ground.

"Good aim, Hayami." A voice came from the door. Nii-San.

"Nii-San!" I gasped out. Karasuma turned to look at me, a disappointed look on his face. The girl named Hayami handed the gun over to him.

"M/R. A word, please. You too, Karma."

Without any objections I nodded obediently, heading towards the door to Karasuma. Karma followed behind me the same smug smile plastered over his face.

After the door shut, he snapped at me. "Mind explaining what that was all about, M/R?!"

I flinched and looked to the side, guilty. "Nii-San...I-"

"I asked you to socialise, not to start a fight!" He continued, sighing as massaged his temple. He next turned to Karma, "And you, Akabane. You shouldn't have tempted him to almost assassinate you, either."

It was a smile child trauma of mine, but I hate getting shouted at. My body slightly trembled as I faced the ground, my bloodlust slowly drying out. Karasuma seemed to notice and sigh, stroking my head.

"Sorry, it seems that I forgot." He whispered, "However, this gun will be taken away from you for a short while."

I nodded, accepting the punishment and began walking away outside. "Akabane, keep an eye on him."

I turned back on my heel instantly and looked at him with wide eyes, "What?!"

"You need someone to watch over you. I can't be the one who's constantly doing it. Learn how to mature, for goodness sake."

Karma hummed and began to follow me, "Will do, sir."

'He seems relatively happy about this, doesn't he?' I 'tch'ed and continued to walk, 'Seriously pisses me off.' But then again, almost everything pissed me off nowadays.

Inhaling the air from the outside, I relaxed my senses and calmed down, falling onto the ground. Karma seemed startled at my sudden drop until he realised it was intentional. He smirked, "I think you frightened our class. Don't think they like you too much."

I shrugged and covered my eyes with my arm, "Don't care. Don't want to care."

The red-head sighed and sat next to my head, looking out at the forest. I looked to the side and took in his features. He didn't look bad at all, could possibly be my type. However, his annoying, clingy personality is seriously taking my nerves apart. I huffed and looked away,

"If I scared the rest of the class, why're you still hanging around me? Shouldn't you be 'afraid' of me, too?"

He chuckled and looked ahead, "Nah. You remind me of myself when I first got here around a month ago. Trust me when I say that- you're not gonna last long thinking you're in this by yourself. You're going to eventually want help. I've tried killing the octopus. It was all fun and games at first, but he really is a tough guy to get."

"Huh, for you, maybe." I scoffed, "I'm trained. Besides, an amateur like you couldn't possibly kill that thing."

He laughed and lied down next to me. "May-haps. If Karasuma-Sensei and the whole Military of Defence couldn't get him, do you honestly think you can?"

"Do you doubt me, Akabane?"

"Who knows, L/N."

"Jeez, you really are a piss-taking guy. Screw off." I groaned, lying down on my side, "You're bothersome."

"Your attitude is bothersome."

"I could say the same for yours."

I hadn't realised it, but my eyes began to tire as I yawned. "Tired, M/R?"

"My brother asked you to watch over me, not start a conversation with me."

"Sorry, sorry." He whistled, taking out his phone.