➵Second sleepover➵

Chapter 10
"Friends for dummies"

M/R's pov

"Say...Why did you decide to help me..." I mumbled, holding onto him tighter.

He sighed and smiled, stroking my hair. "I care about you, what kind of friend would I be if I let you die..? I promised to protect you, didn't I?"

"Friend..?"

"Well, not friends. We may become even more, so I don't want to put you into the zone yet." He joked, chuckling.

A light blush appeared on my face as I playfully punched the other, flustered. Karma snickered and hugged me so that my arms were trapped beside me. I huffed and buried my face into his shoulder. "How'd you even know I was in trouble?"

He hummed, "I could just tell."

"Karmaaaa," I whined.

"Okay, okay." He smiled, "I saw your window open and watched someone sneak in. Originally, I was heading over to give you something from Karasuma, but I ended up saving you too."

"Idiot, you haven't even given me this 'thing' yet."

"Ah- right." Carefully, he took out a book that said 'how to make friends for dummies'. "Here."

I paused and looked at it, "What the fuck-"

"Yeah- I guess he thought you looked lonely- He doesn't seem like quite the people person himself, so I suppose he didn't know what to get you."

A sigh left my mouth as I took the book, flicking through the pages and scanning what was in them. From what I could see, just from the amount of writing, it seemed like some sort of encyclopaedia about making friends.

Karma hummed, "Ah right, he mentioned that he got help from Koro-Sensei. That's probably why the book is so heavy."

A hum left my throat as I leaned against the other. "Hey...Karma..?"

"Yeah, M/R?"

"Could you...maybe stay over again?" I quietly mumbled.

He seemed to pause as if processing what I had just said. "Y-Yeah, of course...Is there a specific reason..?"

"I don't...feel safe anymore." I looked up at him, "I'm scared, Karma. Scared if there'll be another attack. Scared of her...Scared of going to sleep and finding out that I just dreamt of us making up.."

Karma sighed and chuckled, "I understand the rest but the last one? Awh, c'mon prince, you won't lose me." He smiled, caressing my cheek.

A light blush dusted my cheeks as I nuzzled and leaned into his hand, sighing and smiling in content. "Mmm. Really...?"

"Mhm~" He gave a slight smirk, moving his hand up to ruffle my hair. He stood up and held a hand out, "Come on, let's get you to bed. You've come home pretty late."

I nodded, "I walked slower today, just to let my mind think."

He snorted as I took his hand. The red-head began guiding me to my bedroom, "Go and change. I'll sleep in the guest bedroom like before." He smiles softly.