➵Is this a date?➵

Chapter 13
"It's not a date!"

M/R's pov

The sun shining, the birds singing. It's a beautiful day- to be hunting down human people and beating them the hell up. Honestly, at first, I thought this was going to just be a cute little meetup - go to a café, eat, have fun, talk.

But no, it's Karma, what else would you expect?

I don't think the guy could be romantic for even a second. Not like I was planning for this to be a date or anything, but-

"M/R! Look, I see lunch." Karma chuckled, peering past a corner and eyeing a group of what looked like delinquents. They seemed to be armed too, sheesh, where are their parents?

"Alright, let's get to it-" I paused, "Wait, hold on, Karma. Are these people even criminals? They just look like angsty teens who didn't get enough attention as a child."

"Yeah, pretty sure these are the kind of people we're looking for. And ouch, that hurts." He snorted, pouting playfully. "I didn't get much attention as a child either."

"O-Oh, sorry-"

"Nah, it's fine. Better than getting abandoned by my mother."

"Yeah, I suppose that would be wo- Wh- hey! Hold on!"

He burst out laughing, catching the attention of the delinquents hiding in the supposed alleyway behind...ah, yes. A hair salon: Where all the cool kids hang out.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing, trying to sneak an attack on us!" One of them growled, pointing their bat at us. It hurts me how cliché this is.

"Are these guys serious-" I mumbled

"As serious as their parents were when they decided that these children were lost causes." Karma snorted.

"Karma, please- you're killing me-"

"Whoops-"

Karma smirked and cockily began walking towards them, hands in his pockets. "Aye there mate, do you live around these parts?"

"Live around these parts? What's it to you?" A guy sneered, clicking his fingers and his wrists. He seemed to be preparing for a fight - and so did Karma.

"Oh, no reason. You should get to know your victim before you beat them up, shouldn't you?" The redhead joked, swinging his elbow around to warm up.

"Victim? You mean you?" The guy laughed, the others joining in with him.

"Can't I just shoot him?-" I asked.

"M/R, we'll go to prison for that." Karma looked at me as if he thought I were joking.

"I'm in the military, it shouldn't be a problem."

"I don't think it works like tha-" Karma ducked down as an arm was swung at him, "Woah!"

A sigh left me as I arched my brow. "You really want to beat up a bunch of children stuck in the bodies of teenagers."