➵Little pep talk➵

Chapter 3
"What do you mean?"

M/R's pov

I yawned and extended my arms up, ruffling my hair as I moved my hand around to look for the curtains. Pulling the curtains apart to reveal the warm sun, I scrunched my face and covered my eyes.

"M/R, sir, I was just about to wake you up, make your way to the kitchen, please."

Recognising the voice as one of the men who Karasuma assigned to watch me, I nodded and climbed off my bed; getting ready and washed up. Silently making my way to the kitchen afterwards and seating myself on one of the stools, I looked up at the man. "I'm not hungry. I'll skip breakfast."

Knowing he couldn't say 'no' to me, he nodded and opened the door for me to make my way out. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "I am independent and almost an adult. Not a child. I can open the door myself, thank you."

"Ungrateful brat." I merely heard him mumble incoherently as he accidentally shut the door on me, resulting in a minor scratch on my cheek. I froze and looked down, hurt by the small words.

"Oh, and I'll make sure to tell Karasuma you're fired."

The tall man's eyes widened at my words as I smirked, "But- Sir!" He retorted.

I shook my head and glared at him, "Have fun with your rent and paycheck." I spoke bitterly. I quickly said his name, address, family members and his rank- leaving him speechless and terrified.

I went outside and began to walk my way to school, not bothering to take the bus or such. I instantly recognised a certain blue-haired boy leaving his house with his hair down, about to tie it up.

"Blue-binary!" I called out, startling him. He turned around and met my eyes, a nervous smile planted on his face as he waved.

I caught up to him, jogging and stood next to him. He looked away, "L-L/N-Kun, good morning."

I rolled my eyes and took his arm, "Come on, you'll be late."

His eyes widened as he slightly smiled, nodding, "Y-Yeah, sorry."

We continued walking in silence until he began conversing with me, "Hey, um. About yesterday, I'm sorry for how Karma was acting. He can be like that sometimes."

I shrugged, "Don't care. He kept telling me to apologise to all of you, so I'm starting with the girly kid."

Nagisa frowned, "My name is Nagisa, and I'm male." He continued walking with me whilst his hand was on my arm, "Is there any reason you call Karasuma-Sensei 'Nii-San'?"

'Calm down, M/R. If you blow another fuse, Nii-San will have your head on a stick', I sighed to myself.

"He took me in when I was young. I would call him a 'father-figure', but he prefers it this way." I slightly smiled, "I've never had siblings before."

Nagisa smiled brightly at me, "I don't have siblings either." He paused and noticed the scratch on my cheek, pointing at it, "That wasn't there yesterday, when did that happen?"

"This morning. Karasuma hired a guard for me." I sighed, approaching the school gates. "I fired him after he had insulted me and closed the door on my face."

The blue boy frowned then immediately brightened up as he noticed a certain redhead, "Karma-Kun! Over here!"

Karma turned his head towards us and smirked, waving. "Heya Nagisa." His eyes narrowed and his smirked widened at the sight of me, "Heya, prince."

Nagisa looked back and forth, from me to Karma, confused. He seemed to have shrugged off whatever he was thinking and drag us both towards the small class up the hill.

Whilst getting dragged by Nagisa, Karma looked at me and his eyes widened. He placed his hand on my cheek and I flinched, "How did that happen?"

I shook his arm off, "None of your business," I hissed.

"Karasuma-Sensei hired a guard for him; he closed a door on his face." Nagisa briefly explained, stopping in front of the entrance to the building.

I mumbled to the short boy, "Out of everyone you could've given that information to, you chose him?"

"I don't see the problem in telling him." Nagisa frowned, "I'm sorry L/N-Kun."

Karma arched a brow and placed a hand on his hip, "Not as 'skilled' as you thought you were, Hm? Let a simple door beat ya?" He snickered.

My glare on him darkened as my hands went to my pocket, only to realise my gun was gone. 'Right, I'm grounded from it.'

A huge gust of wind passed us, and in front of us stood Koro-Sensei. "Nurufufu, good morning, Nagisa, Karma, M/R."

Nagisa and Karma waved whilst I just stood there, a bored look on my face. Koro-Sensei seemed to quieten down and look at me, I shrugged at him as if asking 'What?'.

"Karma, Nagisa, get inside. The class will start soon." He simply said. They nodded and walked inside, Karma stealing a small glance at me. I arched my brow and continued to look at the abnormal thing that we called 'teacher'.

"M/R, I need to speak with you." Koro-Sensei said, placed a tentacle on my shoulder. I simply sliced it off with no hesitation as he flinched back.

He chuckled, his face turning orange with a red circle. "Wasting no time to kill me, I see."

I smirked at the compliment, "I try."

"Speaking of trying," He began turning back into his normal colour, "You need to try with the rest of the class."

I cocked my head to the side, "Hm? Sorry, must've misheard you."

"Believe me, I have taught this lesson far too many times before. With Karma, then Ritsu, and now you."

"That's twice, octopus."

"Still quite a few, isn't it?"

I shrugged, "Who's Ritsu?"

He pointed his tentacle to my phone vibrating. I took it out and turned it on. Instead of being greeted by my usual lock screen, I'm greeted by a visual of a girl in our school uniform with purple hair.

"Hi! I'm Ritsu!" She said.

I arched my brow, "A computer? Really? You taught a lesson to a computer."

"An Autonomously Intelligent Fixed Artillery, to be precise. But she goes by the name of Ritsu. We have implemented emotion and characteristics into her, resulting in her seeming like a normal student."

"Huh, interesting," I said, shaking the phone which resulted in Ritsu being shook as well. Koro-Sensei began to panic, "I don't think you should be doing that, M/R."

I sighed, "Right, right. What lesson?"

"It's easier if you were to join the class in assassinating me. It would be much more fun, and trust me, you'd gain friends."

"Friends? What're those?"

"Well, it seems as though you've gained Nagisa and Karma as your friends so far. Ritsu as well, if she's willing."

Ritsu nodded with a smile, raising a fist upwards, "I'm always up for making new friends!"

I sighed, "Nii-San said the same thing to me the other day. The thing is, I don't know how to make friends. Not only that, I grew up independent. Teaming up with people for me seems as though it'll slow me down."

Koro-Sensei placed his tentacle on my shoulder again, however this time I didn't bother to slice it off. He gave his signature laugh, "It may slow you down, but it's much more efficient."