➵Unusual➵

Chapter 11
"Gunshots and luxury."

M/R's pov

My eyes slowly opened to see sunlight pouring in through the curtains. I squinted them and slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes to adjust my vision. A yawn left my mouth as I went to stretch but ended up nudging something next to me.

Confused, I turned to look at what I had just nudged, only to see Karma lying down next to me, still asleep. My face flushed red at the sight of the other laying next to me.

I turned away and clutched my chest only to feel my heart beating like crazy. 'C-Calm down, heart..! Don't beat out of my chest, please..!'

A quiet moan left the other's mouth, my face flushing even deeper. "Mhh..." He mumbled as he slowly opened his eyes, waking up. "M/R..?"

"Y-Yeah..?" I responded, still not looking his way. 'Holy crap his morning voice is attractive. Sweet crackers someone help me.'

Karma sat up slightly and yawned, leaning towards me and hugging my stomach. Yeah, thanks, Karma. I'm twice the amount flustered now. He nuzzled his face into it, smiling slightly. "Good morning..."

"Yeah...G-Good morning." I slightly smiled back, placing my hand on his hair and lightly ruffling it. It was much softer than I'd imagined.

"You turn nice within a single night, or what?" He teased, causing me to whack him upside the head.

"Shut up, Akabane," I mumbled, looking away. He cooed at me and smiled, leaning towards my face. I looked at him in confusion, "Hm? W-What?"

Karma then kissed me softly on the cheek, pulled away and chuckled. "That's thanks for letting me stay the night."

My face turned bright red, putting his hair to shame. Maybe I should be called 'strawberry' or 'cherry boy' from now on. Karma snickered, "Awhh~ Want another one, prince?" He continued to tease.

"S-Shut up!" I threw my pillow at him and jumped off of the bed, rushing to the bathroom and locking the door.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I was in my school uniform, grabbing my bag and stubbornly heading over to the front door. Karma looked at me, arching a brow, "M/R? Where are you going?"

"Uh...School?"

"School? Prince, we don't have school today."

A moment of silence went by as I paused in confusion. "No school? What day is it?"

"It's Saturday." He hummed, holding one of my spare pistols in his hands. He inspected it and twirled it around. Suddenly a loud gunshot went off, causing me to jump slightly.

"Karma, what the fuck?" I looked back at him to see that he had shot at one of the windows, but since they were specially made bulletproof, the bullet had bounced off onto the floor. I sighed, "Agh, shit."

"Whoops."

"Whoops? Is that all you have to say?" I sighed, looking over to the front door after hearing the doorbell go off. Karma quietly snickered, "Hhhh, good luck with that~" He smirked.

A groan of annoyance left my mouth as I went over to the front door, opening it to see my next-door neighbour. It was an old, frail woman who appeared to be slightly frightened. I'd only just met her once before as I had just moved into the building.

"I apologise...but may I ask what that horrifying sound was?" She timidly asked, her hands shaking.

I smiled softly at her, "My apologies, my friend is over and we were planning to watch a movie. We had accidentally set the volume too high, so it might have frightened you." I quietly lied. If someone were to find out that a resident here had guns stored under their bed, it would cause quite a frenzy.

She nodded in understanding, smiling back. "It's alright, young man. Thank you for explaining it to me."

"You're most welcome, ma'am."

Slowly, she began making her way back to her apartment, closing the door behind her as she walked in. I sighed in relief and looked back at the other, annoyed.

Karma whistled quietly, "My oh my. That was quite the attitude change. How cute." He teased.

"Oh, really now?"

"Mhmmm~"

I clicked my fingers and aimed my fist at him, "Will me punching you in the face be cute too?" I arched a brow.

He chuckled and shook his head, raising his arms in defeat. "No, no. Sorry~"

A smile formed on my lips as I bounced next to him and sat down. "How was your rest, Sir Akabane?"

"Quite luxurious, if I do say so myself, Monsieur L/N."

"Oh really?"

"Mhm~ You know what'll make it even better?" He smirked.

"Hm? No? What may that be?" I asked, taking the pistol from his hands and returning it to its rightful case under the bed.

"A kiss from a cute, military boy."

I hummed, "Oh, is that so. Well-" The meaning of his words finally hit me as my face flushed red, turning to look at him in the eyes, "I-I'm sorry, w-what?"

"Did you not understand me? Want me to demonstrate?"

My sentences began to separate into stutters as I spoke, "N-No, w-well yes, I did. B-But you can't possibly mean-"

And right before I could complete my sentence, Karma pulled me closer to him and held my chin up, aligning my lips with his. Slowly, he began to lean in and before I could even begin to protest, he kissed me.