Chapter 8

Amelia woke up the next morning to be greeted by the Reaper, sitting right in front of her, with his usual stoic expression.
"Good morning, beasty."
"Why are you here?"
"Looks like beasty is doing pretty well now. She can actually talk without stuttering."
Amelia's body had healed from the pain and she wasn't scared of her fate anymore. At least she didn't want to show the Reaper her pumping heart and her burning anxiety. She masked her emotions just fine.
"I-you won't harm me-"
"That's just an absurd prediction", laughed the Reaper.
"You saved me. Why would-", clearing her thoughts Amelia continued, "If-if you saved me-then did you see the attacker. Do you know who it was?"
"Now that's the question you should've asked beasty", smirked the Reaper. Amelia could well have blushed at the rare beauty of the Reaper's otherwise deadly face, only if she was not in such a desperate situation.
"But if I tell you, will that be fun? So don't waste your time. I'm sending Grace to you, get dressed up. We need to meet someone and remember she is not always kind."
"But-who-"
"If you dare to cut me off in the middle ever again, you won't be so lucky like today".
With that the Reaper was once again disappeared in the same black smoke.

*******************************
"REAPER!! WHERE IS THAT GIRL!!"
"She will be here soon. But she doesn't know anything. I hope you will respect that".
The chamber was filled with angelic laughter.
"You don't tell me, what to do! Now where is the guest of the hour?"
As if taking a hint, Amelia walked in the chamber along with Grace. She would like to believe that this was how paradise usually looked like. She was walking on a crystal floor, seeing her own reflection underneath, even the throne was made with finely cut out crystals and on that throne sat the most beautiful woman Amelia might have ever seen. The castle was just the opposite of where Amelia was held captive until now, as if the entire castle was built to foil the Reaper's shadowy existence.
"She is the girl. Amelia Rose", spoke the Reaper, not for once looking at Amelia.
"Amelia! How wonderful! Do you know why are you here?" Questioned the lady.
"No-no".
"You are here because of your mother. That poor soul-"
"Destine!" warned the Reaper.
"She needs to know", commented the lady with a foul expression.
"She doesn't."
"What do I have to know?-"
"Your fate!"
"This is the last time I'm warning you, Destine! Stop it."
The lady was the epitome of beauty and glamour, but everything about her made Amelia shiver. For some reason, she seemed more scary to Amelia than the Reaper himself.
Without any further word, before Amelia could react, Reaper pulled her out of the castle, where a black chariot awaited them.
"Who was she?"
Amelia finally mustered up the courage to seek the truth. The lady wanted to tell her something, something about her fate. Maybe she was the answer that Amelia seeked till now. The lady even mentioned her mother, the mother she knew nothing about and now she'll not stop until she garners all her answers.
"Destine."
"Destine? As in Destiny?"
"Why are your questions so repetitive!"
Howled the Reaper as the chariot drove them across the clouds, making the wind bestow Amelia with gentle kisses.