Chapter 20

"Reaper!! I know you can hear me! Please I want to come back! If you don't let me then, then-"
This was the third time she was trying to contact him. Yet no response.
"Amelia!"
"Grace? Finally, someone heard me!!" exclaimed Amelia.
"Come with me", and once again they had a whirlwind ride but this time it was comfortable. Amelia was already accustomed to the whole magic world.
"He's in the throne room. Meet him. We'll talk later", stated Grace.
Amelia walked into the room to find Reaper in his cloak, sitting on the throne, just like the first time they met.
"Trust me! I'm buying you a mobile!"
"A what?"
"Mobile. It makes contacting people easier. Do you know how much I had to scream? I wasn't even sure that you could here me or not! Give me the key already!"
"Key?"
"Yes. The key. I cannot just wait here every time that you will allow me to enter. Instead provide me a key or a password or something so that I can enter without any glitches."
"Oh my my! Are you planning to settle down here?"
"Yes. Any problem?"
Amelia twitched her eyebrow, to which Reaper only laughed.
Amelia didn't wait for Reaper's reply, instead she asked him another question, "What did you do to that inspector? Why didn't he interrogate you?"
"No one can interrogate the Reaper, and what I did to him, I guess you'll never know!" answerd the Reaper boastfully.
"Whatever!"
"Anyways, why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be rejoicing your family reconciliation!"
"What do you mean why I'm here! I'm your bride, remember!?" Amelia made a puppy face.
"You are enjoying this, aren't you? Go! I free you from my bond. I've protected you enough. I don't think you are in any danger anymore. So, you may get back to your family."
"No, I won't and you can't force me!"
"No living being can stay at my castle forever!"
"I'm different but."
"There will be consequences, Amelia."
"I'm ready to face them. Trust me, I've seen enough!"
Reaper didn't answer.
"This is my life! Please let me stay!"
Amelia approached him to his throne. They were too close, but this time it was Amelia who moved towards him. When suddenly she placed her lips on his, not a proper kiss but a sweet gesture to show she cared for him. The Reaper didn't reciprocate. Hence, Amelia moved away from him.
"I love you, Reaper! I really really do!"
Reaper pulled her towards him, she didn't fight back, instead she sat on his lap, their foreheads touching, when his lips brushed against hers.
He kissed her and the world fell away. His lips were icy cold but the kiss was warm and was enough to ignite fire inside Amelia. It would not be wrong to say that Amelia didn't only feel butterflies inside her stomach, but she felt huge ones, erupting her system, arousing her senses and emotions. The kiss was slow and soft yet passionate, comforting in ways words might never be. His hands rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheeks as their breathes mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, and pulled him closer until there was no space left between them. She could feel the beating of his heart, which was dangerously slow, maybe it was one of the many perks of being the Reaper, against her chest.
"I love you too, beasty! You have no idea how much!" stated Reaper as he kissed her once again, this time even more hungrily.
Who could have thought that the Grim Reaper would be such a phenomenal kisser!?