Chapter 19

"Amelia, stay still!"
"Ahhh....I... Let it go..."
"Amelia, stop! You are bleeding. Let me help you!"
"You already did enough. Now let me just use normal first aid."
"Look at me!" howled Reaper.
As Amelia looked at him, her eyes remain fixated at his gorgeous jet black pupils. By the time she realized, her pain had disappeared and her wounds too.
"You can heal?"
"I can do a lot of things, but I'm allowed to only reap!"
"Amelia!" called out Robin from within the house.
"Uncle, I missed you!" she hugged him tight. No matter what happened in her life she still loved him dearly. He was the only family she was left with, and maybe Gemma.
"You got a boyfriend now?" he asked indicating Reaper. Amelia giggled.
"Maybe."
"Do I've the right to act like your guardian?"
"Of course, Uncle. Always! You were and are my guardian! Just be careful, he's a little dangerous."
"Great. So who are you Mr. Badboy and what do you do for you know living?"
Robin did the job of a guardian pretty well.
"Sir, I'm, well, people call me the Reaper, and my job is better left unknown!"
"You are one mysterious guy! But you kept my Amelia safe and I'm forever grateful for that!"
"Not a problem, sir."
The Reaper knew very well when, how and to whom he should respect. Amelia was surprised at the Reaper's changed demeanour.
"However, like you heard I'm her guardian, so please answer my questions. What do you do?"
"Well, sir, I'm the Grim Reaper. Hence, I think my job's pretty self explanatory."
"What an unique name!? Grim Reaper.... Wait... Are you Grim Reaper as in the mythological character??"
Robin could well pinch himself to clarify whether he was dreaming until now or not.
"Indeed, sir. Pleasure to meet you."
"Does.. It mean we all die now?"
Reaper laughed.
"Uncle! No no no!"
"I'll take your leave now! Take Care, Amelia", Reaper looked at Amelia one last time before he faded into the night.
"Oh my God! All those children stories were real all along?"
For the first time since Catherine and John were arrested, Gemma spoke, almost like a whisper. Amelia smiled a meek smile.
"Amelia! Please forgive me sis! Please, please."
Gemma's pain and repent was visible on her face.
Amelia finally adressed her, "I'm not angry, Gemma! Maybe just upset. Atleast you didn't try to kill me! Let's be honest, after what you did, I.... I have forgiven you, but I need some time to adjust to the whole situation.... to adjust to you!"
"I understand and I hope everything returns to normal."
"Hmm.. Take good care of yourself, Gemma. Don't forget you have a baby, growing in you every day", she spoke again to Robin, "Uncle! Whatever happened was between me and Gemma, I really don't want you to treat her any less like a daughter. Please, it's a request."
"Always the kind one....",Robin was unable to complete his phrase.
"Uncle, I also wanted to let you know that I'll like to stay at the Reaper's castle". Seeing the shocked expressions of both Robin and Gemma, she continued, "Please, uncle. You are my guardian. I need your permission. I will keep coming back here whenever I miss you guys, I promise, but I can't stay here forever, this place has taken away a lot of things that were mine! How ironic, the Reaper's castle has become my home."
"But why the Reaper?" asked Robin, concerned that Amelia was perhaps possessed by spirits.
"Because he's my life!"
"So, is it officially the day when the daughter wants to move out from her home and move in with her boyfriend?"
"Maybe."
Amelia chuckled, finally peaceful with the structure of her new found life.