always, i'll care - Lee Minho

authors note; I'm going back to my old format from now on cause it's more aesthetically pleasing to me and a lot more organized

Pairing ; Minho x Reader
Warnings ; Angst with fluff at the end.
Word Count ; 479

-----------------------------------

As time went on after Minho and I became more distant, i always noticed his little habits he'd have towards me even after the breakup. A simple "Have you eaten?" text every other day. Or even a "Make sure to get good sleep tonight, okay?"

It didn't bother me, I still cared for him. It just confused me. He left me for someone else, or so he said. Leaving each other didn't hurt us. I watched him walk out of my apartment and barely felt a thing. A tiny spring in my heart, sure. But it only lasted until this door shut behind him.

I texted him, asking if him and I could talk, he obliged. And there we sat at the table of an almost empty coffee shop.

"Sorry for keeping you up so late, this was just the only time I meet up." He said. We met eyes when I went to reply, he looked tired and sad. "It's okay. I just wanted to check up on you." I smiled. "Are you okay?" I asked. His shoulders slowly slumped. "I'm okay, just stressed ya know?" He replied.

I hesitated, but took his free hand in mine and looked at him. "You can tell me anything, Minho." He looked like he wanted to break down. "We need to get out of here first."

We left, and stated walking down the empty streets, normally busy; it felt strange. "I've been trying to think if ways to tell you all these things. But I just don't know how." He sighed. "That's okay, take your time."

It was quiet for a while, but Minho finally spoke up. "You know the day I said we should end things?" He asked. "Like it was yesterday." I fake laughed.

"I never found anyone else. Because I don't want anyone else." His voice trailed off when ending his sentence. I froze I behind him. Causing him to stop walking. "What?"

"Y/N I'm still in love with you." He chuckled "I never stopped and I'm stupid because I let you go." All I could do was stare into his eyes and cry.  "Minho I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. Just let me do this." He walked the few feet behind him to get close to me. He pressed his lips against mine. When he pulled away all I wanted to do was be back the way him and I were.

"I'm always gonna care about you Y/N. No matter if we're together or not. I love you." We were crying. "I love you too. But minho?" "Yeah?" "There's coffee on your shirt."

------------------------------

Sooo I'm working on my Bang Chan book rn like y'all wanted, I'm nervous for y'all to read it 🥺 but thank you for reading this. Love y'all !!