Chapter 30

When I arrive back at the pack house I hear screaming.
"Charity's in trouble!" Lexis yells as I take off running to the screaming, to find a huge group of Darwin's men facing off against Drew, Ashton, Cody, and Kalian. When I turn to look at Darwin's men I see one of them holding Charity tightly, tears staining her cheeks.
"You will start regretting ever touching my sister!" I growl as I charge forward as they all dodge out of the way and the one guy let's go of Charity.
"Go hide behind Drew!" I growl again when she runs away from Darwin's men and hides behind Drew.
"Be careful Clarissa!" Drew yells and I sigh.
"You don't have to worry about me," I admit as I grab one guy swinging him around like a chew toy before throwing him and killing him.
"Dang your so lucky to have her," Cody tells Drew and I roll my eyes before I stare down all the other guys while licking my bloody lips.
"Who's next?" I growl asking as they all slowly start backing up away from me.
"They might be retreating!" Kalian announces, when I slowly phase back my arms crossed over my chest.
"They're not retreating! They're planning something. Watch all of them!" I yell as one glares at me a smirk forming onto his lips.
"You're a smart one aren't you?" He asks and I glare back at him a loud growl erupting from my chest.
"I'll kill you," I warn and he laughs.
"You can try, but all you'll do is fail!" He growls as I uncross my arms from over my chest and charge forward, running full force.
"Shut up!" I yell as I tackle him to the ground punching him in the face over and over again. He knees my hard in the stomach making me jump off him and step back holding my stomach, as he gets up and wipes his bloody nose.
"You'll never win Clarissa Reed. You'll end up dying along with everyone you love!" He yells as he runs into the forest with the others and disappear.
"Ugh," I groan as I drop to the ground hearing Charity scream my name.
"Clarissa oh my god!" Lexis yells as I see Drew and Cody reach me to make sure I'm ok.
"It's going to be ok Clarissa. We've got you now," Drew says as I close my eyes and pass out from all the pain and exhaustion.
"Do you think she'll make it?" Charity asks and someone sighs.
"She's in really bad condition Miss Reed. It'll take her at least a week or two before she's fully recovered," An unfamiliar voice says.
"But will she live?" Charity asks and I hear her sniffle.
"She'll live, she just needs to heal. If she starts fighting again to soon, it will kill her," The voice says and Charity whimpers.
"Thanks," Charity mumbles, as I hear footsteps leave and a door close. I hear more footsteps but quieter ones move close and then a feel a hand holding mine.
"I'm sorry Rissa. I'm sorry about everything. I can't do anything. I can't fight, I can't protect myself, and I can't even protect you! Oh my god, you could've died. God I..I just don't understand why I didn't protect you! Your my baby sister and I'm suppose to take care of you!" Charity cries out as she squeezes my hand a slight tighter. I her the door quickly open and someone breathing slightly heavy.
"Charity we need you," Ashton says and Charity pulls her hand off mine and I hear her stand up.
"What do I need to do?" Charity asks and Ashton sighs.
"Let's just go, I'll tell you when we get there," Ashton says as Charity walks out of the room with Ashton and the door shuts again.
"Get the hell up Clarissa! We've got work to do!" Lexis yells as I move my eyes around acknowledging her voice but I don't open up my eyelids.
"GET UP CLARISSA!!" Lexis growls as I lay there struggling to open my eyes. As I lay there still as can be I slowly start moving my fingers, my ribs quickly healing back into place and any other broken bones, slowly but surely I open my eyes anger boiling through my veins.