2: TWO

"Okay, so, you have your 11:30 meeting with Jonathan, your 2:30 with Amber, and a 4:40 with Merida. I don't know when you'll have time to get food, so I arranged for Uber Eats to come and bring you McDonald's–"

"I love McDonald's," Marisol exclaimed.

Work was the usual today, busy with meetings and case studies. It was hard at times, but Marisol loved what she did. She loved law.

"Yeah, I don't know why." Emilia laughed.

Marisol listened to Emilia's soft laugh. Emilia was Marisol's assistant. They had worked together for a year now and became close friends. Emilia was getting through law school and was interning at Marisol's firm until graduation.

"Oh, and you received a call from some firm called? I thought it was spam, but a man left an invite to lunch today. I said you were in meetings all day. Apparently, his name is Grey."

Marisol immediately stopped typing on her laptop. The keys had brail on them for when she lost track of her typing. It was specially made for people with visual disabilities. "Wait what?" She stood up. Emilia grabbed Marisol's arms to turn her towards her.

"Well, you are in meetings all day."

"Cancel my 11:30, then. And call him back. Schedule him for lunch, okay?"

Marisol couldn't see, but Emilia smirked suggestively. "Is he a secret lover of yours?"

"Believe me, if he was a lover, it wouldn't be a secret."

"Well, who is he then?"

"Can you hand me the Gregory claim?" Emilia searched through the stack of files on Marisol's desk. When she found the file, she handed it to her boss. When the file touched Marisol's hand, she grasped it. All of her cases were imprinted with brail so she could easily read them. In instances where records weren't in brail, Emilia read them to, or she could listen to audio recordings. "Do you remember that crazy idea I had a few months ago?"

"To buy horses and become a rancher?"

"No, but I still think it's a viable option. No, the surrogacy idea."

"Oh right, I didn't think you applied, though."

"Well, I did. I received an acceptance."

"From this guy? What does he look like?"

Marisol gave a look, and Emilia gawked from her ignorance. "Stupid question. I'll call him back and arrange it. I'll cancel your Uber Eats as well. I will have to reschedule your 11:30. How does tomorrow sound?"

"Sounds good."