18: Second Trimester

As the weeks passed, Grey's pack trained relentlessly. He would leave early in the morning to go on a run even before she got up for work. He scheduled his hours so he would be home when she came home. Sometimes, when she was particularly nauseous, he'd come home for a break to help her.

Marisol sat at her desk, feeling her braille. Nolan had to do something today, so she was only accompanied by her three guards. She went into her drawer to get her crackers just as her boss came in. She was nervous for their meeting today.

"Marisol," Adams greeted.

"Sir," she said, standing up.

"You wanted to tell me something?"

"Yes. Well, I–" Clearing her throat, she sat back down, pushing her hair behind her ear. "I wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant. I'm due in November."

"Oh?" She could hear his tone change. "Accident?"

"Uh, no, actually."

"Oh," he said again. "I didn't know you were married."

"I'm not."

"So you're having this child out of wedlock? Interesting. Well, I always thought you were putting your career first, Marisol. Unfortunately, your body is gonna go to shit! My wife's sure did. Anyway, congratulations and I want that report on my desk soon."

Abigail rolled her eyes as he left. "I can't believe someone married that man."

Many weeks had passed when one morning, Marisol woke up to no morning sickness and no tender breasts. It was like it happened overnight. Grey was sound asleep next to her as she got up to go pee. When she returned to bed, he was sitting up and grabbed her waist. He laid a gentle kiss on her stomach, and she gasped.

"You're starting to show."

She laid her hand on her stomach with a sweet smile. "That means its growing healthily."

"Come back to bed. Our appointment isn't for a few hours still."

She laughed as he pulled her into his embrace and back into their bed. "I thought you had to prepare for your big fancy meeting."

"I have time to hold my mate in bed."

They both laid there, in each other's arms, attempting to go back to sleep. Suddenly, Greyson tensed and she sat up, feeling the bed dip as he got up. "Where are you going?"

"We have a guest," he muttered.

"Huh?"

"I'll be back in a few minutes," he said, kissing the top of her head. She could hear his pant buckle snap and then their bedroom door close. She sighed, falling back into bed. She tried to go back to sleep, but she realized Grey still wasn't back after an hour. She got out of bed and went to find Nolan or someone, but it seemed like the entire pack was elsewhere.

As she drank her tea in the kitchen, the front door slammed shut and she could hear a crowd of people stomp into the living room. People weren't happy, she could tell by the persistent yelling. She didn't know that voice though, but she could smell Greyson. She stood up off her stool and walked into the living room only to feel something crash near her feet. She jumped from shock. She let out a small scream. She tried to move away, but she wasn't wearing any socks and cut her foot on the glass.

She could hear Greyson yelling, but it was far away. He was outside but she could hear his loud steps onto the porch and then into the house. She didn't know what was happening but it sounded like a fight broke out.