15: First Trimester

"How fast does the mating process go?"

Grey looked at Marisol from his desk. He put the file in his hand down to focus on her question. "Usually fast."

"How fast?"

"Well, most couples would have been mated by now."

"Are we not mated yet?"

Nolan, who had been working from the couch stood up, pretending he didn't hear her question as he made his way out of his Alpha's office. Grey cleared his throat. "No, we aren't. A couple becomes mated once they have sex and the female has the male's mark."

"Mark?"

Greyson stood up and walked to where she was sitting. He sat beside her and grabbed her waist. After a moment, she realized what he wanted and she stood to sit on his lap. She couldn't help but blush from their proximity. If she thought about it more, she'd never experienced such carnal desire for someone in her life.

Grey grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips. He let her fingers gently rub against his elongated canines. She gasped softly, feeling the hardness and sharpness of them.

"D-did you just shift?"

"Just my teeth."

"S-so a mark is your bite. Where?"

"Anywhere you want. You can choose. Some females choose their neck, others choose their wrists, some choose other parts."

"But why? What does a mark do?"

"The mark is largely due to a carnal need the males feel. It solidifies the bond. Once marked, the scents of the couple are intertwined that way other males know when a female is taken. Likewise for females."

"Does it hurt?"

"No. I've been told it's orgasmic. Marisol, you have to understand that the mating process is personal and... erotic." His hand gently ran down her back and she shivered. "Our process will be different than anyone else."

"When will me finish the process?"

"Whenever you want. You decide, beautiful."

Marisol stayed silent for a moment and she smiled as he played with her hair. He didn't speak, letting her soak in everything he just told her. "Do you want to? Finish the process, I mean."

He stopped and gently turned her head to him. "Yes. I want to do...unspeakable things to you."

She shivered again and felt her panties moisten. She looked down, smiling. She jumped from the door swinging open and quickly got off his lap.

"I'm sorry, Greyson, I didn't realize you were busy."

That was Irabella. Marisol smiled. "No, he's free. I'll go."

"Actually, Marisol, if you would like to stay, you may. You're part of the pack now, and as Luna you should be informed as well."

Greyson stayed where he was, but pulled her back into his lap. She was embarrassed to do something so intimate in front of so many people, but she did enjoy it. So she sat there, but didn't speak, and listened to the meeting. She didn't understand some of it because some of the information was in a file that she couldn't read. No one took the time to read it to her.

It didn't offend her or make her angry. It just made her sad that she couldn't be an active participant.

"You're not going."

Marisol turned to Grey's voice. She scoffed, buttoning the cuffs of her blouse. "I have a career, Grey. I have cases I have to handle."