3: THREE

"Doesn't matter

"Doesn't matter. Drink!"

Marisol rolled her eyes before taking the shot. "Wow, fuck you all. You know I hate tequila!"

A few days after her lunch meeting, Brad and Emilia insisted she drink one last time before being knocked up for nine months. Unfortunately, no one was allowed to go out because of quarantine, so a few friends came to her house.

As the music played, someone poured vodka into her mouth. Laughing, she pulled away, feeling the alcohol fall down her chin and chest. Someone grabbed her, and upon touching their face, she realized it was a friend. Elijah and she had had relations in the past, but nothing ever stuck. He licked the excess alcohol off her chin before kissing her. Her friends all cheered them on.

She pulled away, not wanting to go further. After taking a body shot off of Brad, she went outside to cool off. She sat down on the step, taking in the cold air. She was having fun, honestly, but sometimes her head hurt from trying to figure out what was around her.

She looked behind her as she heard the door shut again. Someone sat beside her. When he started speaking, she realized it was Elijah. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Do what? Drink?"

"No, have this guy's baby."

She nodded. "Yeah. I am."

He sighed, moving closer to her. "Aren't there rules about having sex during the pregnancy?"

"Yeah, there are," she said, feeling the bridge of his nose crawl up her neck. She giggled.

"Are you sure you want to give it up for so long?"

"It definitely won't be easy," she admitted. She turned to him and he kissed her, pulling her body onto his lap. She kissed him in return, running her nimble hands through his hair. As he kissed down her neck and down her chest, she moaned. "This is the last time, Elijah."

He hummed in response as he picked her up, walked back into the house, and snook them upstairs.

At some point, she was standing on her kitchen island, dancing to 'Talking Bodies' with a bottle in her hand. She stopped suddenly. "Guys, I can fucking see," she screamed.

Brad looked at her. "No, the fuck you can't."

"Yes! I can! I can see with my ears."

"Yeah, okay. Come on, let's get some water."

"Fuck water."

"No, no, water is good." He wrapped his arms around her legs, putting her onto his shoulder. He put her onto her feet and grabbed the bottle from her hand. He made her drink water before drinking more alcohol.