12: TWELVE

As Dr. Meredith left the room, Marisol sat there, shocked. She didn't know why it hit her so hard. She knew she would get pregnant, but she thought she already lost the baby. What differed now was the fact that when she felt the baby was gone, she realized just how much she wanted her own.

She was pregnant. It worked.

Abigail and Nolan smiled at her, but stayed quiet, giving her time.

"Do you think she blacked out?" Abigail asked. Nolan chuckled as Marisol smiled.

"I just...I thought..."

"You know what you have to do now, huh?" Nolan asked, handing Marisol her jacket.

"What?" She asked.

"Tell Grey."

In the car, Marisol, as usual, sat in the back. She leaned her head against the window, enjoying how the glass cooled her skin. Her heartbeat perked as she got an idea. "Hey, is there a drug store nearby?"

"Yeah, CVS is close. Why?"

"Could we stop? I want to get something."

Nolan hummed, and shortly after, the car slowed down and stopped. She assumed they had arrived, but it was confirmed once her door swung open. Abigail gently helped her out of the car, and Marisol rushed through the doors of the pharmacy.

"Which CVS is this?"

Abigail raised an eyebrow. "The one on Broad Street. Why?"

She knew this drug store. She didn't need help to find where she was going. She unfolded her walking stick and made her way to her desired aisle. When her hand felt the soft texture, she smiled to herself. Stuffed animals. Perfect.

She turned to her friends. "Is there a wolf stuffed animal?"

Nolan and Abigail shared an amused look. "Yeah, why?"

"Grey's file said that his favorite animal was a wolf. Can you give it to me?" Abigail grabbed the grey plush animal and handed it to Marisol. Marisol had on her thinking face as she turned around. "Are there washable markers?"

"Again, yes, but why?" Nolan asked, grabbing Marisol's wrists, leading her to the coloring aisle. As soon as Marisol wrapped her hands around the packet of markers, she smiled.

"Is there any clay?"

The next day, once Marisol was home from work, she realized Grey was still working. She decided it was a great time to start working on her project. She closed her bedroom door, only to groan in frustration. She was blind– she forgot.

She opened her door and called Abigail's name. It was strange to her, but Abigail had the best hearing. As Marisol expected, Abigail rushed down the hall. "What's wrong?"

"I need help." Marisol pulled Abigail into her room, shutting the door. "I want to make a little sign that says something cute, you know to tell Grey, but obviously, I can't."

"Why?" Abigail rolled her eyes and facepalmed. "Right, you're blind, I forgot. Yeah, I can help you out." As Marisol sat on her bed, Abigail continuously asked questions to make sure the project was perfect. "What color do you want the words in?"

"A forest green," Marisol said.

"We are working with a drug door coloring box, Marisol. Be less specific."

After a few minutes, Abigail asked another question. "What color do you want the string?"

"Blue," she said.