Prologue

NOTE: Chae is played by Mia from Everglow and the rest of the Everglow members are themselves because I'm too lazy to come up with my own group. And for the sake of the story Everglow is under Big Hit Entertainment.

The quiet chilly morning sun rose as a figure lay curled up in her warm bed fast asleep. "Chae-unnie," a soft voice cut through the silence, which had previously only been disturbed by the birds outside the window. "Wake up. We have practice," the voice continues and a groan sounds from beneath the blankets seconds before the blanket is ripped away from the short girl standing at the foot of the bed. "Morning Ren" the sleepy figure mumbles as she tumbles out of bed.

Groaning as she goes, Chaeyeon makes her way to the bathroom down the hall. With no time to shower and no time to tackle her messy hair, she quickly brushes her hair into a ponytail and then stares into the mirror contemplating make up. She decides to keep it simple with some mascara and lip balm, knowing she's likely to sweat make up off in dance practice anyway. 

Making her way to her closet, Chaeyeon grabs the clothing items sitting on top of the piles stacked high on the shelves of her closet. Lucking out, she ends up with a white cropped tank, grey sweats and her favourite white sneakers.

After grabbing her bag, Chaeyeon makes her way to the door where most of her members are waiting to go dance practice. After living together for so long they know that she is definitely not a morning person so, no one questions the way she sleepily stands next her leader Shiyeon and leans her head on her shoulder while they wait for the last two members to emerge from their rooms.

The drive to the company is quiet with most of the girls resting their heads, earphones in, as they try to resist sleep. After arriving, the six girls quickly make their way to a practice room to warm up before their trainer arrives.

The girls are sitting in a circle on the floor stretching when Shiyeons's phone pings beside her. She checks the text and her face shifts into a nervous expression. "I have news," she starts nervously, "we're getting a visitor today."

"Who?" Aisha asks, as she shifts forward to stretch her back. The other four girls all unconsciously lean forward too, very intrigued by Shiyeon's news.

"Apparently, one of the Bangtan members is coming to watch our practice today," she informs them and pauses to gauge their reactions. After receiving stunned silence she continues, "let's do our best today, alright?" She gets nervous nods from all her members and after a moment shifts towards her phone again to skip the song playing to a more upbeat one.

"Do you think this has anything to do with our debut?" Chaeyeon asks quietly from her spot on the floor.

"It's likely" Jiwon shrugs dismissively and a few of the other members nod quietly.

"Let's not get our hopes up" Onda says while shaking her head, seemingly trying not to seem excited.

"Why don't we cover another group's song to warm up?" Aisha suggests while the girls begin getting up from the floor, now feeling ready to dance. There are thoughtful looks from the members before Chaeyeon's face lights up. "Why don't we try the new Stray Kids song?"

"Does everyone know LaLaLa?" Aisha asks as she makes her way over to the speaker to find the song on Shiyeon's phone, which is still connected to the Bluetooth. "It's just for fun so just do as much as you know," Yiren speaks up from the back of the group, shrugging her shoulders.

After their fun attempt at the Stray Kids choreography, all the girls are now feeling substantially warmed up. They get into position for the choreography they have been learning for their next assessment.

The song is just reaching the second chorus when J-Hope walks into the room quietly. Not all of the girls spotting him in the corner of the room through the mirror but Chaeyeon saw him instantly. She shifts into the center for her part and decides she is going to 'go big or go home' and puts all of her energy into her part.

Silence fills the room as the girls get into their finishing positions and then J-Hope is making his way to the front of the room while clapping. Once he is in front of the group, he gives them his sunshine smile and they all quickly bow to him to greet him. 

"Annyeong! That was really good, I wasn't expecting to see such a talented group!" J-Hope compliments the girls and they are all beaming, some of them trying to hide their giddiness. "Can you show me your other song that your trainer had you choreograph yourselves?" He asks politely. Chaeyeon nods her head and makes her way over to find the song on the phone.

Once she has searched the song up, she shyly turns to J-Hope to ask him for a favour. "J-Hope sunbaenim?" She calls out, and he looks up and makes his way over to her. "Can you please start it for me, the dance starts right away and I don't want to miss the starting position..." she trails off. He nods happily and stands next to her to look down at the phone. 

Chaeyeon gets annoyed by her ponytail as she's adding the song to the queue and flicks it over her shoulder frustratedly. The movement catches J-Hope's eye so he glances over and see's something that makes him freeze, a moon tattoo sitting on Chaeyeon's shoulder blade.

Feeling his gaze, Chaeyeon glances over and shifts uncomfortably when she notices his intense gaze. Then, she too freezes as she realizes what he is staring at. She usually doesn't wear this tank top to the company because it exposes her entire soulmate tattoo.

J-Hope leans in slightly which makes Chaeyeon lean back slightly in discomfort but she stops when he speaks. "Is that your soulmate tattoo?" he whispers under his breath, slightly glancing at the room to see if any of the five other people in the room have noticed this strange exchange.

Chaeyeon subconsciously glances over her shoulder to where she can see the top of her moon tattoo peaking out. Then, she makes eye contact with J-Hope again before quietly nodding and scattering back to the dance floor to avoid the situation.

"Sorry," he clears his throat uncomfortably, "something came up, I need to go. Your first dance was great, so I will be sure to give the trainers a raving review," he forces a smile and then he is rushing out of the room.

"What did you say to him!?" Ashia exclaims, and 5 faces turn to stare at the flustered girl. Chaeyeon shifts her gaze to the floor in discomfort. "Nothing" she shrugs and a few of her members give her a 'really' look. She huffs before looking up at them. "He noticed my soulmate tattoo, asked about it, freaked out and then left," Chaeyeon shrugs  once more. There is a mixture of excited gasps and squeals around the room causing her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you think he's you soulmate!?" Yiren asks loudly, some of the older members hush her. Chaeyeon's eyes widen before she starts to frantically shake her head. "No no no, it didn't feel like we were soulmates"  she rationalizes aloud. Jiwon, the oldest, speaks up from her new position on the counter next to the speaker, "maybe he knows who your soulmate is," she says wisely, teasingly wiggling her eyebrows at the younger girl who is now blushing brightly.