1

The next day the girls are in the practice room again when two figures walk into the room. They stop to bow to greet them and once they're standing again Chaeyeon notes the odd pair. She wonders why J-Hope would return so soon and bring RM with him.

"Annyeong," J-Hope greets the girls before gesturing to RM, "Namjoon-ah wanted to see why I was so excited about the new girl group" J-Hope tells them and throws a teasing glace over at his groupmate.  Chaeyeon glances over and makes eye contact with Namjoon and her heart begins to race so she quickly stares down at her feet, noting how dirty her shoes are. She'll have to clean them tonight. 

"I understand the excitement, you're all very talented" Namjoon says, making unintentional eye contact with Chaeyeon again. The sound of his voice sends a weird shiver down Chaeyeon's spine causing her to shift in her spot and begin to fiddle with a lose thread on her leggings. He then leans down and whispers something to J-Hope, then he's gone after a polite wave in our direction. As soon as the door shuts behind him Chaeyeon feels the weird fidgety feeling disappear.

J-Hope also offers his goodbyes and leaves the girls to practice, but the day turns out to not go as smoothly as it usually does. Chaeyeon finds herself feeling on edge and nervous the rest of the day. Her sudden lack of coordination leaves her and her members feeling very frustrated by the end of the day. 

"Alright, lets go back to the dorms," Shiyeon speaks up after another less than successful dance from Chaeyeon. There is a sigh from the right hand side of the formation where Chaeyeon has flopped to the ground. "You guys go ahead, I know I can get this right" she tells them, feeling the frustration building inside of her. Jiwon sighs too and gives Chaeyeon an affectionate pet on the head, "don't over do it, okay?" Chaeyeon nods and waits for her members to leave before getting up to go over the same 8 counts she keeps messing up, again and again.

J-Hope walked aimlessly down the hallway with the intention of heading home for dinner, Jin is cooking one of his favourites tonight so he wanted an early night. As he passes Practice Room 5 he hears a familiar song playing and decides to poke his head in and see who is here, practicing, instead of getting dinner.

"Chaeyeon right?" J-Hope says as he makes his way into the room. The girl in question startles and puts a hand over her now pounding heart. Once her heart had calmed, Chaeyeon nodded with a smile. "I think I can help you" he says as he waves an arm for her to follow him. Chaeyeon desperately scrambled to grab all her stuff before hurrying after him.

He leads Chaeyeon up a few floors to a dark hallway with a few doors on either side. Coming to a stop in front of a frosted glass door, Chaeyeon glances up at him as puts a code into the padlock on the side of the door, ready to ask him where they were. Suddenly, J-Hope, opens the now unlocked door, and pushes her into the room.

Chaeyeon lets out a yelp as she loses her balance. A figure sitting in the chair in the room also yelps and knocks over his water bottle as he spins around in his chair.

"Uh hi" Chaeyeon says with a flustered smile, now having found her balance, as she bends down to pick up the fallen water bottle and hand it to him. "Hi" he gives her a dimpled smile that makes her heart race like it did in the practice room earlier that day.

"Did you need something?" Namjoon asks as he shifts to fully face Chaeyeon who shakes her head slowly. "J-Hope sunbaenim forced me in here. No idea why" Chaeyeon mumbles thoughtfully.

There is a pause before Namjoon sighs and stands up. "I know why," he tells her and she raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Then, to Chaeyeon's shock, Namjoon reaches down and starts to pull his hoodie off. She lets out a yelp, throws her hands over her eyes and turns around quickly. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Chaeyeon yells, in English, accidentally switching to her native tongue.

"Just...open your eyes please," Namjoon asks Chaeyeon quietly and she hesitantly turns around. She is relieved to see that he was wearing a vest underneath his hoodie. However, her heart picks up again when he turns around so she can see his exposed shoulder blade. There, in the same same place as hers, is a tattoo of a moon that is identical to hers.

Chaeyeon stands there in shocked silence for a while before unconsciously reaching up to run her fingers over the tattoo. Namjoon flinches slightly causing her to pull back and he takes that opportunity to turn back around. His dimples return as he smiles at the flustered girl and sticks his hand out, "I'm Kim Namjoon, your soulmate, its nice you finally meet you", he says.

After a moment  Chaeyeon  finally puts her hand in his much bigger one, blushing as she realised how much his warm hands and dimpled smile make her heart pound in her ears. "It's nice to meet you too, I'm Seo Chaeyeon."

There's a knock on the door followed by J-Hope's loud voice, "I don't want to interrupt but if you take any longer I'm going to leave you here." He's quiet for a moment before continuing, " I don't want to face the wrath of Jin when were late for dinner!" Namjoon sighs, a small smile on face, before looking down at Chaeyeon. "Do you need a ride home?" he asked her. She thought for a moment before looking down at her watch and nodding. 

The drive to the dorms is filled with loud music and an even louder J-Hope singing along. Chaeyeon sits in the back smiling fondly at how carefree he is. He stops the car at the dorm and turns the car off. Namjoon turns to Chaeyeon shyly, "can we hang out tomorrow?" he asks her. Before she can respond she notices J-Hope who is waggling his eyebrows at her. She laughs and turns back to Namjoon and gives him a nod.

"Thank you for giving me a ride J-Hope sunbaenim" she says as she reaches for the door handle. "Please call me Hoseok" he smiles warmly. Chaeyeon looks to Namjoon again, giving him a shy wave before getting out of the car and scurrying to wards the elevator.

The second Chayeon walks through the door she sees Jiwon and Shiyeon sitting on the couch facing the door. "Where have you been?" Shiyeon questions, in full leader mode, as soon as Chaeyeon stepped into the room.

"Uhm" Chaeyeon stumbles over her words, and her feet, as she tries to figure how explain the interesting evening she has had but her face does all the talking for her. Jiwon's eyes light up as she notices how red Chaeyeon's cheeks are.

"I heard J-Hope sunbaenim asking about your tattoo yesterday...is he?" She wiggles her eyebrows at Chaeyeon causing the girl to flop into the beanbag in the corner of the room and groan in annoyance.

"Nooo! No, it's not him" Chaeyeon says as she picks at the fabric of the bean bag cover. Both older girls stare at Chaeyeon for a minute before shifting towards her, even more intrigued. "But it is soulmate related right?" Shiyeon asks quietly and when Chaeyeon gives a little, shy nod both girls let out an excited squeal. "Who is it!?" Jiwon whisper yells in her face.

"Uhm Namjoon sunbaenim" Chaeyeon mumbled and leans away to prepare for the loud screams but she is surprised by the quiet whisper of, "as in...RM?" When Chaeyeon nods her head 'yes', Shiyeon slaps both her hands over her mouth in shock and Jiwon's eye go wide while her jaw drops. "You lucky bitch" Jiwon whispers.