24

I get up the next morning telling myself I feel better but, I really don't. I have to socialize today so I take a shower and put on leggings and a hoodie.

I slouch into the kitchen to make tea and take note of the sound of people playing video games in the living room.

After my tea is made I walk into the living room and plop down next to Jaehyun. Once I finish my tea, I slouch down and snuggle into his shoulder.

"I DIED!" A familiar voice exclaims angrily. "Your turn, Jaehyun" Jungkook says amd turns to hand him the controller but pauses when we make eye contact. His eyes flit from me to Jaehyun and back again.

"NO NO NO NO" I shake my head as I sit up. "He has a soulmate...and he's GAY!" I exclaim in defense as I point at Jaehyun. Jungkook visibly relaxes before jumping up and engulfing me in a hug.

"We're all so worried about you" he mumbles into the hug, "but you seem fine" his eyebrows furrow as he scabs my face.

"I'm good at hiding my emotions" I say quietly with a grim smile.

"Nam-" be starts but I slam my hand onto his mouth.

"Dont! Don't say his name please. Just because I look fine doesn't mean I'm ready to talk about it without sobbing my ass off" I glare at him and remove my hand when he nods. I glance behind him to see a few familair and unfamiliar faces watching us curiously.

"Uhm hi" I cough awkwardly.

"Oh yeah! These are the 97' liners" Jaehyun introduces each member.

"Thanks" I say sarcastically with a glare.

We play COD for a few hours before I excuse myself to the balcony to think.

"Want to talk?" Jungkook appears next to me giving me a fright.

"How am I supposed to come back and continue with everything normally like I dont know he's just around the corner. You know how often we'll bump into eachother?" I mumble as I rotate the ring Namjoon gave me around my finger before pulling it off to look at the inscription.

"You're just going to have to" Jungkook shrugs.

"Wow, youre a great help" mumble teasingly.

We settle into a comfortable silence until Jungkook's ringtone breaks our peace.

"Hyung?" He answers and his eyes widen.

"I actually know where she is" he says making me snap my head to him and glare at him.

"Okay, we're on our way"

"We are not on our way anywhere" I glare as I step back.

"Dont make my throw you over my shoulder and carry you back to BigHit" he glares and steps closer. I back up until I hit the table.

"Why should I go with you?"

"Apparently there's new information about the whole...situation" he explains.

"Fine, but I'm bringing Jaehyun and if you're lying I leave" I glare at him.

We walk back in and explain the situation to Jaehyun. He agrees to come and then his friends leave and the three of us get into the car Jungkook came in.

We get to the company quicker than I would've liked and Jungkook takes us to the very same conference room.

"Where the hell have you been!?" Jin exclaims as he stands up.

"Its my week off is it not!?" I snap unintentionally. I sigh and glance back up, "Sorry Oppa, I didnt mean to snap" I apologise quietly.

"It's okay" he smiles a warm smile that makes my heart clench.

"I should've known you'd go to your brother's dorm" I hear Namjoon's voice to my left but I don't look up as I take a seat between Jungkook and Jaehyun.

"Okay, why'd you call me here?" PDnim asks as he walks in causing my head to snap up.

I glance around and notice that everyone is here, even TXT. I smile slightly at Jiwon and she smiles back, giving me hope that my running out didnt piss her off too much.

"PDnim, it's not Cara's fault that their relationship got out" I hear Jiwon say as she stands up.

"We were told that we were filming the Dance Practice video on Tuesday. Run was filmed on Wednesday and we had a dance practice that day. It was a normal dnace practice, that is why I didn't tell her to change" she explains.

"Are you blaming the production team?"

"Not blaming. However, they should've told us before using that footage. I don't why they did either...we already filmed our dance practice" Ashia says as she too stands up.

"So, it's a case of miscommunication?" PDnim raises an eyebrow as he makes eye contact with me. I freeze and remember to nod when Jaehyun nudges my arm.

He sighs deeply and stands up.

"I'll look into your claim" he says before walking out.

I accidentally make eye contact with Namjoon and exactly what I was trying to avoid happens, tears pour from my eyes.

In the blink of an eye he's infront of me, wrapping his arms around me as tight as he can without hurting me...too much. I hug him back, clenching the back of his jacket in tight fists.

"Babygirl, we'll fix this" he whispers assuredly in my ear and kisses my cheek.

I reluctantly step back and glance into his eyes one more time before rushing out if the conference room.