15

"I can't believe we actually have an MV" Onda says excitedly, as we all sit down on the floor of the practice room to react to it for the first time.

We all watch the video intently with excited expressions on our faces as we note the points we like and compliment our members on cool scenes.

"That was so surreal" I mumble once it's over.

"And it goes live in 3, 2, 1!" Jiwon counts down.

I immediately load it on my phone and send the link to Johnny and Namjoon.

"Okay lets head to MCountdown for our debut stage" Jiwon says and gets us all out of the practice room.

After hours of make up and getting ready the nervousness sets in. I begin to pace in the dressing room and fuss over my outfit.

"Hey, we're gonna do great...just take a deep breath" Yiren grins as she pulls me into a hug.

I nod and once were all ready we walk onto the pitch black stage to get into our starting positions.

I hear Onda whisper an almost inaudible, "fighting!"

The lights snap on and the performance of my lifetime begins. I drown the audience out and just focus on doing my best.

After our performace the deathly silence blocking my ears slowly fades as the cheering and applause come into focus.

I smile into one of the cameras as we hold our position for a few seconds before leaving the stage.

As soon as we reach our dressing room we crash into a group hug and cheer as Jiwon tells us she's proud of how well we did.

After I change, my phone rings from inside my bag on the couch in our dressing room. I rush over to answer it and a huge smile forms on my face when I hear my mom's voice.

"Mommy!" I cheer into my phone.

"Hey, I saw your MV. It was amazing and I'm so incredibly proud of you" I grin at her words.

"I'm proud of you too Sweetie, I miss you so much and I hope we get to see this performance live very soon" I hear my dad's voice too and tears build in my eyes when it suddenly hits me just how much I miss them.

"I miss you guys" I mumble and I clench my jaw in an attempt to stop crying. One tear slips out but I manage to catch it before it ruins all the hard work the sytlists did.

"We miss you too...we're hoping to come visit you and Johnny soon" Mom sighs.

"Okay, I love you" I whisper and hang up after they say it back.

"Hey, why the tears" Jiwon says as she tries to hug me but I push her back.

"If you hug me, I'll cry and I'm trying really hard not to right now" I warn her as I keep her at arms length.

"Fair enough but why are you sad?"

"I miss my parents" I mumble with a shrug.

"Well, lets get home so you can see Namjoon and he can cheer you up" she winks and I laugh a little as I let her lead me out to the car.

"Namjoon-ssi! Sad soulmate alert!" Jiwon yells as we enter our dorm.

Namjoon hurriedly stands up with a frown on his face. I roll my eyes at Jiwon and then pout at Namjoon as I open my arms for a hug.

"Hey Babygirl, I watched the whole thing. I'm so proud of you" he whispers into my ear as he lifts me off of the ground.

"Thank you Joonie" I mumble as I squeeze tighter.

"Why are you sad?" He asks and I shake my head in response. He pulls back to look me in the eye and raises a warning eyebrow at me.

"I just miss my parents" I mumble. He nods and hugs me tighter.

"Unnie your phone is ringing!" Yiren yells and brings my phone over.

"Thanks" I say as I reach for it but she pulls it back.

"Why is Mark from NCT phoning you?" She glares at me and shows me the caller ID photo.

"I'll tell you later" I say quickly and grab my phone from her. Namjoon moves to sit on the couch with me in his lap.

"MORK" I yell when I answer the phone.

"It's Johnny...I left my phone in the dorm"

"Oh"

"Don't sound disappointed!" He yells in offence.

"We both know I love Mark more than you" I tease and laugh when I hear Mark yell, 'I love you too' in the background.

"Fine then, bye"

"Waait, I'm kidding. I love you bro" I laugh.

"I watched your debut stage and I'm so proud of you. That was honestly amazing. 'Your babies' we're freaking out"

"Thanks Johnny, it means a lot that my big brother watched it. Tell my babies I miss them" I tell him.

We chat for a bit before Johnny has to keep practicing so he hangs up.

"Mork? Your babies?" Namjoon asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Mork is my non biological brother and my babies are the NCT maknaes...they're precious" I explain and he nods without questioning it. I snuggle into his neck for a moment.

"Oh! How did the vlive go!?" I exclaim as I suddenly sit up.

"Most of ARMY are super happy" Namjoon grins.

"I'm really glad. They dont have to hide anymore...I know Taekook have a hard time being subtle" I snort.

"True but Bang-nim still wants them to keep a low profile"

"Understandable"

"C'mon, let's go to bed" Namjoon says and stands up with me in his arms to walk to mine and Jiwon's room.

When we walk in Sav pops out, covered in flour with blue food colouring across her forehead and puts a cake in my hands. I raise an eyebrow and read the cake. 'I'm proud of you!' is piped across the top.

I grin and hug her tight before leaving the cake in the fridge and going to bed.